• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The order of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The order of things

This is for people that clean the inside as well as just doing the paint.

Which order do you clean a vehicle?

Clean the engine
    Clean and polish / wax the outside
    Clean the inside
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: The order of things

Engine first since I might end up getting spray over the paint. Then exterior and inside while the wax is drying. Most times I want to jump right into the exterior since that's the fun part.
    Scott

Comment

engine first, although if you tape off and are real careful, you can do exterior then engine

Comment

I usually wash first along with spraying the engine off if that is requested, but i tend to try steer away from cleaning engines. I then pull the car in the garage and clay or change the wash water and use the Hi-tech sponge and rinse and dry. I then start on the inside, because if I have to extract the carpets, it gives them time to dry while I start on the outside. The exterior is the last step and after i remove the LSP, I dress the tires, then do the windows.

Tom

Comment

Yeah, I dont really clean engines, just wipe dust off, so that comes when drying. So something like this:

1. Wheels/Tires/Wheelwells/Exhaust
          2. Wash
          3. Dry
          4. Wipe down bay, trunk opening, door seals, etc.

Usualy I will do interior the next day, or a little at a time through the week.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I like to do all the interior work first with the exception of the door jams, I'll hit them with one of my wash mitts during washing. I just don't want to be all over the interior after all the exterior work.

So, after I do the interior I'll do the engine first (not every time though) then wash > tires & wheels, wheel wells, exhaust, > dry > dry all openings > all the exterior & engine dressing > UQD (if not waxing).

Thread from the new/old forum (not sure what to call it) Archive??
            Opinions; Interior or Exterior First? http://forumarchive.meguiars.com/for...ead/25813.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');