• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X with a G110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X with a G110

Hi, I was wondering how much pressure should be applied when using scratch x with a G110 DA. Also I would like to know which application pad works best with scratch x.

Thank you,
    z3r0

Re: Scratch X with a G110

You would want an 8006 pad.

The pressure is kind of hard to describe, you want the pad to mushroom a bit, but of course not enough to bog the machine down. I like to put a black line on the pad so I can see that it is still rotating freely.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Scratch X with a G110

What are you working on?
      What are you trying to do?

A simple cleaning of the surface?
      Remove swirls and scratches?

If you're trying to remove swirls and scratches then what you're really trying to do is to remove a little paint and in order to do this you need to engage the diminishing abrasives with the finish under some pressure so they will start taking some little bites out of the paint.

Like Matt said, place some black marks using a permanent marker on your backing plate and even the back of the foam pad and this will tell you if the pad is rotating or not, you will remove paint more effectively if the pad is rotating versus just vibrating or jiggling on the surface.

So you want to put some pressure onto the head of the polisher but not so much that the pad won't rotate.

Have you read this?
      Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

And this?
      Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
      (These are all similar tools)

Start by reading the above two articles and they go into machine cleaning in depth.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');