• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dc polish on painted bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc polish on painted bumpers

Hi guys,

I'm going to clay and polish for the first time this weekend and I just want to clarify something. Should I clay my plastic headlights/tailights, windscreen and glass? Keeping in mind that this a brand new vehicle, I'm only claying because
    you guys said I should, seeing as how the dealer may not have properly removed all the shipping wax before delivery.
    Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Re: Dc polish on painted bumpers

you CAN clay all of that stuff, as i know people that do. However everyone I know that does, recommends that you use a "junk" claybar or one that the glass/headlights/etc is its only purpose. Not sure the headlights/taillights are going to matter that much (someone will probably correct me) but the glass makes a BIG difference in my little bit of experience.

Comment

Make sure you keep a clean MF near by to wipe the glass off right away. It might leave a film (clay residue) behind. But no worries a little glass spray and viola.
      2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
      2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Whenever I do anything on platic headlights, I do things very delicately.

I still clay them, but gently.

Yeah, you can clay glass. You can also clay wheels/tailpipes before polishing them, but dont reuse that clay on the paint/glass.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes you can. I usually clay the glass and headlights last.

Comment

I use dedicated pieces for each use (surface), it may not be necessary but it's just the way I do it. No matter what surface you are using a particular piece of clay on once it is loaded with contaminates get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');