• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European cars

Hi all.i am looking for buying some products to use them by DA Polisher and i want them to be strong enough to repair some hard European's car's clear coat like Mercedes,BMW,Saab,Audi etc etc.i am looking for a complete set of polishes and pads from more aggressive to the final polish.any help please?
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: European cars

You don't really know if the paint on any car is hard or soft or better yet how workable the paint is until you go out into your garage and actually work on the specific paint for the first time. Usually this would be doing a Test Spot to see how your choice of pads and chemicals, as well as your technique is working on the paint.

After testing out a few product you can then tell how easy or how difficult the swirls and scratches are to get out.

As for aggressive products, at this time the most aggressive product we have and recommend for use with a dual action polisher is our M83 Dual
    Action Cleaner Polish with a polishing pad like our W-8006 polishing pad.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      You don't really know if the paint on any car is hard or soft or better yet how workable the paint is until you go out into your garage and actually work on the specific paint for the first time. Usually this would be doing a Test Spot to see how your choice of pads and chemicals, as well as your technique is working on the paint.

After testing out a few product you can then tell how easy or how difficult the swirls and scratches are to get out.

As for aggressive products, at this time the most aggressive product we have and recommend for use with a dual action polisher is our M83 Dual
      Action Cleaner Polish with a polishing pad like our W-8006 polishing pad.
      Thanks Mike,
      i will follow you advise. I am new on that and i don't want to by anything can find in the market .i want to buy more specified products to complete my collection without spending money and time on testing products.
      And an advise from someone that knows A LOT it is always a pleasure to have it
      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
        Thanks Mike,
        i will follow you advise. I am new on that and i don't want to by anything can find in the market .i want to buy more specified products to complete my collection without spending money and time on testing products.
        And an advise from someone that knows A LOT it is always a pleasure to have it
        You should try to make it to Mike's clinic. All your questions would definately be answered. I went with the MB-San Diego Club. Seems like you are local in cypress so you should look into that.

Comment

Good point, Mike.
          I have run into Mercedes Benz paints with varying "hardness" from color to color, or car to car.

For example a red paint on a C280 is more durable (read harder) then we'll say a black on an S-550, which is less durable, but thicker (read soft).

The black on the S-550 is so soft that I have installed hairline scratches by rubbing with my fingernail. (not a smart thing to do)

Like Mike said-the only way to know the durability of a paint is by trial and error, and starting out with the least aggressive product to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by omegabenz View Post
            You should try to make it to Mike's clinic. All your questions would definately be answered. I went with the MB-San Diego Club. Seems like you are local in cypress so you should look into that.
            I WISH I COULD!!!i am living in Cyprus a small island country in the Mediterranean Sea no in Cypress .
            So i am miles away of San Diego
            I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
              I WISH I COULD!!!i am living in Cyprus a small island country in the Mediterranean Sea no in Cypress .
              So i am miles away of San Diego
              I was wondering about that because of the spelling.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');