• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is #83 --> ColorX enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is #83 --> ColorX enough?

I recently bought a PC and DACP #83, Swirl Free Polish #82, ColorX, and various waxes. I used the ColorX on a black Range Rover, applying it with a white pad (LC - i believe its a polishing pad) and the turnout was fantastic.

My other car, a black C32 mercedes, is considerably more swirled than the RR and figured I would have to use DACP. So my question is, is it necessary to follow the DACP with a milder abrasive (like #82) or can i go straight to the ColorX IF micromarring/hazing occurs?

I plan to use the white pad to apply the DACP, and likely the black finishing pad for the ColorX (or I could stick with the polishing pad). I have limited time to do a major detail and would like to minimize the steps involved. Obviously I plan to clay the car b/f any polishing.

One more thing, is #26 a good topper for ColorX? I can't get NXT wax locally so I'd like to use the products I already purchased.

Thanks for the help,

Josh.

Of course it's a stab in the dark as I haven't seen your particular swirls but, I trust your judgement on needing a little bit more agressive product (like DACP) to deal with the swirls on the Mercedes.

With my experience on black paint, DACP might require you to follow with something a little less agressive to make everything better. It is, however, probably a necessary evil to utilize it to make the swirls that you've described disappear.

Color-X is great as a stand alone product but, if you wish to top it with #26, knock yourself out! #26 continues to be one of my favorite toppers for just about every product I've used in the Meguiar's line.

Feel free to ask additional questions! Good luck!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Also, I neglected to comment on your pad selection as I'm not familar with the particular pads that you're utilizing. Meguiar's pads are typically described as 'finishing' (W-9000), 'polishing' (W-8000), and 'cutting' (W-7000).

Also, it should be noted that the 'cutting' pad is recommended to only be utilized with a rotary buffer and not the Dual-Action Polisher (PC).

RP
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

So I'm stuck with #83 --> #82 --> ColorX

Both of the first steps with the polishing pad, the final step with the finishing pad.

So now my question is, if I only have one polishing pad, how can i do the steps on the same day?? I can't just wipe off the polishing pad and then start with the #82. I'll either need another polishing pad or clean my original and wait until it dries?

Thanks alot for the help Rockpick~!

Comment

Originally posted by 99ITR_SC
          So I'm stuck with #83 --> #82 --> ColorX

Both of the first steps with the polishing pad, the final step with the finishing pad.

So now my question is, if I only have one polishing pad, how can i do the steps on the same day?? I can't just wipe off the polishing pad and then start with the #82. I'll either need another polishing pad or clean my original and wait until it dries?

Thanks alot for the help Rockpick~!
          I think you nailed it. If it were me, I'd nab a couple of extra pads as I like to generally dedicate a pad to a product per detail.

Glad to have helped. Give us a shout if you need additional assistance!

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');