• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustang detailing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang detailing question

Hey, detailing a 2002 Mustang GT tomorrow gun metal in color, I will be using the G100 and the rotary if needed. This is my first time miraculously working on one of these and just wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on products, process, or things I should be cautious of going into tomorrow. Owner just bought it from carmax so I might find a suprise waiting for me in the morning. Should be 51 degrees and cloudy, any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chas
    I'm addicted to cars...I'm thinking about checking into the Henry Ford clinic. - Tim Allen, Home Improvement

Re: Mustang detailing question

Hey,

That is a specular color! I would suggest the following:

1. M83 with the rotary (if needed or use the G-100) with a W-8006 Pad
    2. M80 with the G-100 on a W-8006 pad
    3. M82 or M09 with the G-100 on a W-9006 pad
    4. 2 coats of NXT 2.0 applied and removed with the G-100

The extra step of the M82 or the M09 makes a big difference on that color IMHO.

Be sure to post some pics when done!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
      Hey,

That is a specular color! I would suggest the following:

1. M83 with the rotary (if needed or use the G-100) with a W-8006 Pad
      2. M80 with the G-100 on a W-8006 pad
      3. M82 or M09 with the G-100 on a W-9006 pad
      4. 2 coats of NXT 2.0 applied and removed with the G-100

The extra step of the M82 or the M09 makes a big difference on that color IMHO.

Be sure to post some pics when done!

Tim
      and would like to see some pics when your done to!
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

thanks for the tips guys Im gonna head out and get some #9 tonight I will definately be posting up pics tomorrow night!

Chas
        I'm addicted to cars...I'm thinking about checking into the Henry Ford clinic. - Tim Allen, Home Improvement

Comment

BTW, it is Dark Shadow Gray Metallic, not gun metal!

I got about 99% of everything out of my paint with the DA and M83. Follow what Tim posted, and all will be well.

Comment

what are the benefits of using #9 its one of the only things I havent used before?

Chas

Comment

I used M82 instead of M09, I don't care too much for M09. Anyways, Tim recommended it to me and I tried it. It just adds a touch of...perfection when you use it, especially on dark paint. Hard for me to explain, Tim could probably do a better job. I will be keeping that step whenever I do a full detail on my car, if that means anything.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');