• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wool pad on DA polisher : )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wool pad on DA polisher : )

I just wondering if i use a wool pad for heavy cutting on DA polisher what results i am going to have on a dull and full of scratches paint.
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: wool pad on DA polisher : )

Chances are that the wool fibers, because they are abrasive when used like this, will remove the defects but leave the surface hazy.

At this time, we don't offer a wool pad for use on any DA polisher and we don't recommend it.

You can always try by doing a small section, (called a Test Spot), and see what kind of results you get. If it looks bad you can stop, if it looks better you can continue.

It could be the wool pad will remove the defects and leave the finish hazy looking but it could be that if you follow up this initial cleaning step by switching to a foam pad you can remove the haze.

Let us know how it turns out.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: wool pad on DA polisher : )

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      Chances are that the wool fibers, because they are abrasive when used like this, will remove the defects but leave the surface hazy.

At this time, we don't offer a wool pad for use on any DA polisher and we don't recommend it.

You can always try by doing a small section, (called a Test Spot), and see what kind of results you get. If it looks bad you can stop, if it looks better you can continue.

It could be the wool pad will remove the defects and leave the finish hazy looking but it could be that if you follow up this initial cleaning step by switching to a foam pad you can remove the haze.

Let us know how it turns out.

Basically i was wondering if i can use it for the 1st step to remove the heavy damage and then follow up with some #83 on 8006 pad and then some #80 on 8006 pad before applying the glaze/sealant/wax....
      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');