• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detailing tools, interior and exterior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailing tools, interior and exterior

hey gang looking for ideas as to what to use for detailing interior aspects of a car. how do you get into those small cervices and cracks that a micro fiber cloths cant get into, example air vents,console between seats,stereo components. My wife works at a makeup store and i buy the big makeup brushes that are soft and allow you to get into those places some what, what are others using? How about exterior detailing, example i have a honeycomb grill on the front of my car any suggestions? also between your side mirrors and the casing that holds the mirror in place? Thxs for your time and effort all.

Re: detailing tools, interior and exterior

Originally posted by nicepackage View Post
    how do you get into those small cervices and cracks that a micro fiber cloths cant get into, example air vents,console between seats,stereo components. My wife works at a makeup store and i buy the big makeup brushes that are soft and allow you to get into those places some what, what are others using?
    I use 1" paint brushes, but that make up brush idea actually sounds nice. I might actually try it.

How about exterior detailing, example i have a honeycomb grill on the front of my car any suggestions?
    Soft bristle wheel brush or a foaming cleaner.

also between your side mirrors and the casing that holds the mirror in place?
    Very curious to know this myself. I'ts always a pain.
    Remember amatures built the ARK, proffesionals built the titanic

Comment

Originally posted by nicepackage
      How about exterior detailing, example i have a honeycomb grill on the front of my car any suggestions?
      We use to offer what was called a "Body Brush", in both a small and large size, we still have one and use it for the grill on our Pilot, you can still find them with a little searching, you could also check out company's like Oxo as they may offer a similar brush.

Originally posted by nicepackage
      also between your side mirrors and the casing that holds the mirror in place?
      That's a tough one as it's usually a very thin space, we don't go any further on our Pilot in this area except to wash the case and the mirror. Guess you could try something like a Q-tip?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

unfortunetly q-tips dont cut it anymore my friend you might get the cotton shedding off making more of a mess the solution to all your problems are right here!!
        Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.
        MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
        FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by cm2005300 View Post
          the solution to all your problems are right here!!
          Just trying to throw some ideas on the pixel page...

The foam swabs look like they would work for a lot of things, we still probably won't clean the area between the mirror and housing however...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Just trying to throw some ideas on the pixel page...

The foam swabs look like they would work for a lot of things, we still probably won't clean the area between the mirror and housing however...

TRUE TRUE so when he's talking about inbetwen the mirror and housing just hose that out real good and then use a microfiber stuff it in there as good as possible after sprying with interior quick deatiler and that should clean the parts you can see as far as getting the back of the mirror clean i dont think thats possible unless you take it apart to clean it
            MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
            FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

I wonder if the foam paint brushes would work around the mirrors. You can get them for like 3 for $1.00 at Home Depot. I will have to try one the next time I wash my car.

Dave
              You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

I spray all purpose cleaner and tilt the vents downwards so solution drips on towel...Otherwise air compressor works nicely ...
                Tooth brushes for every nook and cranny on mirrors and grills it's been a detailing secret for years until now J/K...Joe
                Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                (269)650-2242

Comment

griots garage has some really good (different) detailing tools.worth checking out.

Comment

thxs for the suggestions all, what a great forums lots of info to work from as always thxs for the quick replys

Comment

What people are calling "paint brushes" we call "detail brushes" they are 1 1/2" wide with about 1/2" bristle on them and the proper ones are made from hogshair bristle, not nylon which can scratch paint and plastic. Those work well inside.

Also what they call "parts cleaning brushes" are very good for "brushing" dust away.

The best thing to have for interior cleaning however is an air gun connected to an air compressor. You can get a small 1/2HP or 3/4HP compressor for a low price and it will be invaluable in cleaning interiors.

You may also want to invest in the lower cost vapor steamer. There are hand-held units for less than $100 and some as high as $2,000. You can spend from $100 to$500 and have an adequate unit.

These are fabulous in cleaning cracks and crevices, map pockets, inside counsels and glove boxes, and especially good at removing stains from carpets and fabric seats.

They also tell me they are great on vinyl and leather seats in removing surface dirt.

Lots of good stuff to use to clean interiors thoroughly and fast with less fatigue.

Regards
                      Bud Abraham
                      DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');