• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first waxing since Fall 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first waxing since Fall 07

Folks,
    New car (built in April 07) bought in May 07. No swirls so did clay, polish, wax (NXT). In the fall, clayed again and used spray wax to keep it up.

The car has been under car cover mostly through winter. One long distance drive in December (as luck would have it) was accidently caught in a blinding snow storm. Car was pelted with heavy snow and sprayed by passing trucks. Since then, the car has been under car cover mostly through winter.

For this summer waxing, should I used paint cleaner (#1) first or just clay, polish, followed by wax?

If someone could point me to threads on this it would be great.

Thanks

Re: first waxing since Fall 07

a cleaner could only help,more prep work the better the finish and shine will be.you could defenitly just clay,polish,wax.

Comment

Check out the List O' Links that Ryan AKA: lilblkblt04 did on the home page on the right side. Tons of info.

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

thanks. I see that #1 should only be used if light scrathes and swirls are present so I will probably use that.

Comment

Meguiar's always teaches people to,

Step 1 - Evaluate the finish
          Step 2 - Choose the right product
          Step 3 - Use good technique

In most cases, after you wash and dry the car, pull the car into the sun to do Step 1, evaluating the finish. If you see swirls this tells you which product you'l need, that's Step 2.
          So let your evaluation be your guide.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');