• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vinyl trim restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl trim restoration

To start I don't have any picture yet

Anyone have any tips on how to "restore" worn vinyl trim. The trim isn't just faded and gray it is actually eroded in one section to a white bumpy feel. I am going to be selling it and want to get the vinyl at least "blackish" again. I have contemplated getting some Krylon spray paint or something similar......

I am certain someone on here has come across this in their many details

Thanks

Re: vinyl trim restoration

Hey,

If the trim is degraded that bad, then you only have a few choices. Any type of dressing will make the black look black, but it will not help the degraded sections.

Have you tried cleaning it first with an APC to see if the white chalky look comes off? If it does, does it leave it looking flat black? If so, then perhaps a dressing may help.

If the trim is severely oxidized and from your comments that appears to be the case, the only real cure would be to repaint, or perhaps re-dye the trim. It all depends on what the material is.

I know you say you do not have pictures yet, but hopefully you will be able to post some as that would really help us help you...

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');