• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gray cars and spoted windshields ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray cars and spoted windshields ?

Are there any special techniques or products to detail a gray SUV ? What is the best way to get out hard water spots from my windshield. These spots really drive my crazy. ( I cant get the professional line where I live )

Re: Gray cars and spoted windshields ?

99.9 % of all new cars have a clear coat, so the color doesn't matter, the goal is to learn how to work on clear coat paints which tend to be harder than traditional single stage paints and what that means to you is when you go out into your garage to work on your car's paint you'll find it much more difficult to remove swirls, scratches and water spots out of the paint.

This is why the Dual Action Polisher has become so popular over the last 15 years, the machine can always outperform the hand when it comes to working on any paint system but especially for the average person working on a clear coat finish.

But hey, the good news is clear coat paints typically last longer, don't confuse that to mean look good longer.

There's how to article in the how to forum for working by hand or machine.

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
    So much good, practical and helpful information in these two forums
    Hot Topics
    How To Articles

As for water spots, here's a recent thread on that topic. (It can be found in "Hot Topics")

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by pocho69pr View Post
      Are there any special techniques or products to detail a gray SUV ? What is the best way to get out hard water spots from my windshield. These spots really drive my crazy. ( I cant get the professional line where I live )
      Have you tried using the claybar on the windshield?
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Maybe you can take the Ferry and come to Santo Domingo, you can find the Pro Line here, not as many or the entire line but you can find some.

I always order it from ADS but I'm going this week to the place where they sell Meguiar's Products,it's like the rep here (I guess they are rep) and see the prices and variety.

Comment

Hey how you doing ? Yeah I tried using the clay bar but results . Tomorrow I'm going to use use a multipurpose cleanser to see if that works .Thank for the advise though.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be going to the DM for vacation , maybe you can tell me where to shop when I go . I just got back from Auto Zone and that's the only place that I've seen that carry the Pro Line and they only had #7 & #26 .

Comment

Sent me a PM when you come in vacations.
              I'll describe you the only place where you have to go and get what you want

Hey maybe I could even take you there!

Comment

Wow that would be great .I think I might be going some time this year. Thanks I'll PM you.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');