• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax

Does anyone know if the NXT 2.0 contain any dyes in them? The guy who installed the clearbra on my car told me to avoid waxes that have dyes in them because it'll permanently stain the clearbra. He also mentioned that if the dye isn't WHITE, then it's obviously dyed.

Basically I'm just wondering if the NXT 2.0 liquid wax is safe on clearbras because I'm about to order it online

Re: NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax

When working on paint remember 99% of the time you are working on a clear coat so a wax like NXT 2.0 will be ok for the clearbra and i have not had any problems with it before but i usually dont wax them because they are their own form of protection. A wax is used to protect the paint from everyday contaminents sacrificing itself so the paint does not get damaged. When you have a clearbra that is basically the same purpose, to protect the paint from contaminants, bugs, and road grime so i dont really see a need to apply a wax to the clearbra but that is just my opinion.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by David621 View Post
      He also mentioned that if the dye isn't WHITE, then it's obviously dyed.
      No dye is OK, but white dye is OK? Just don't wax the clear bra, don't know why you would need to. Put the NXT 2.0 on the car and take pictures!

Comment

NXT is not going to dye your clear layer of plastic film white, that said you should always follow the manufacturer's recommendations for the care and maintenance of their product. Maybe contact the manufacture for their recommendation and compare it to your installer's recommendation, (post back here what the manufacture says).

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi:

3M Protective Film FAQ

Here: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...Consumer/FAQs/

Hope it helps.

Regards,

KTruck
          Make it Shine

Comment

Just passing along some info.. Here is what my clearbra installer said:

David, everything I can find online regarding this product seems to indicate that it would be fine. It looks like it's a carnauba wax, which is generally fine to use. Pleaxus shouldn't hurt the wax finish, but you can test in a small inconspicuous place if you would like.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by KTruck View Post
              Hi:

3M Protective Film FAQ

Here: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...Consumer/FAQs/

Hope it helps.

Regards,

KTruck
              Thanks, and from the above FAQ

Q.Can I use wax over Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film?
              A.Yes. When waxing the vehicle, some wax may build up along the film edges. This can easily be removed when dry with a soft cloth, such as a Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Polishing Cloth.

Do not use any waxes containing dyes or waxes that are not recommended for urethanes.

Abrasive polishes and/or rubbing compounds are not to be used.

The purple text is the key text, all of our waxes are perfectly suited for all urethane paints. Another way of saying this would be,

None of our waxes are not recommended for urethanes.

Make sense?

p.s.

We inserted our microfiber for the 3M version in the FAQ Answer.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Makes perfect sense

Ahh 1 less thing to worry about. yippi!

Comment

from a dif forum:

" this is directly from the receipt my installer sent me via email.

A word on waxes and chemicals:
                  Your Transparent Bra should be waxed with the rest of the car using a liquid polymer (a synthetic) wax. I recommend Maguire’s Tech Wax or similar. There are many polymer based waxes that are liquid and much faster and easier to apply than paste wax. Carnauba waxes on the other hand typically leave an ugly white or yellow residue which is a pain to clean.
                  Many people are unfamiliar with the differences between waxes, and cleaner waxes / polishes. Car wax simply helps keep your car glossy and water repellant. Cleaner wax or polishes on the other hand, are compounds that contain light abrasives that actually scrub dirt particles off the paint. Many of these compounds also leave a wax behind. Do not use Cleaner waxes, polishes, or compounds on your urethane Transparent Bra. These compounds typically contain abrasives and can dull the film within a year if used regularly.

Again, these products are not really waxes, they are cleaning products. Understand the difference and look at the labels of the products you intend to use on the bra. If it says, Cleaner wax, Polish, or Compound, don’t use it on the bra. DO use straight car wax though. Again, a liquid wax is best.

Petroleum based chemicals also show up in other products like degreasers such as 409, bug / tar removers, goo gone, goof off ect. Don’t use any product that is petroleum based or contains petroleum distillates. The back label should say if it contains these.

Ammonia should also be avoided. Although most people don’t use ammonia products to clean their cars, I have to mention it just in case. If for instance you use Windex with ammonia in it to clean your car, please avoid using it on the bra.

Other reminders:
                  > Allow 1-2 weeks (or more if raining) for any bubbles under the film to bake out.
                  > After that, put an application of wax on the film. I recommend a liquid polymer wax as opposed to carnauba. A common one is Maguire’s Tech Wax. Keeping wax on the bra is important for keeping dirt from sticking to the material since it is a porous urethane.
                  > If there is a lifted edge on the first day or two, just press it down hard with your thumb for a full minute.
                  > If wax or dirt collects along the top edge of the hood / fender pieces, you can use a soft tooth brush or Q-tip or cloth dipped in Rubbing Alcohol.
                  > Alcohol, undiluted is a good cleaner for the film or the paint "

Comment

I washed my car 1 1/2 week ago and when I looked at the clear bra today, I noticed a LOT of dirt buildup ontop of the clear bra. The rest of the non-clerabra parts of my car have very little dust on them (garaged parking).

I'm not sure if the Plexus is actually doing anything to prevent dirt buildup =\ I guess we'll see what results I get when I apply the NXT Liquid wax next week.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');