• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Car - with oil based rust proofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Car - with oil based rust proofing

Not really a problem for those of you in the sunny zones however those of us in the northern area where road salt is a major occurence - some of us use rust proofing on our cars - I have used 'Rust Check' in the past and will do so before the fall on my 'new' car.

However when ever I wash my other car after its yearly treatment you get 'treatment' coming out from every little crack etc. making a oily mess to wash off.

This creats a problem of removing oily mess that will have road junk mixed in that will do nothing but scratch the finish.

Wash mitts or brushes are just black after washing so I wonder whats left on the car and what has been done to the finish..

Before I start this with the gloss black of my new ride any suggestions??

Thanks

I dont think it effects the finish at all.Im sure they have tested the product on many automotive finishes.When i get my car treated i dont wash it for a week after that way the oil can creep and settle where it suppose to .And when i do wash it i am very careful not to spray in the seems and door jams .This method has alwasy worked for me and i have never had and adverse effects on my car.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');