• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 by hand/G110 later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 by hand/G110 later?

Guys,

I've just detailed my car by hand with the NXT 2.0 and was wondering if
    it would be OK to apply 2 more coats when I receive the G110 since the
    results will be better with the machine? Also, I would like to use the M09
    for the polishing effect but it will remove the wax I've already applied right?
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Wig

Re: NXT 2.0 by hand/G110 later?

To my understanding you can't polish over a wax to well, as it will have no life span. Essentially its trying to work into the wax, which is much different then paint. You can try Clay or Dawn to strip your car to remove said wax.

Typically two coats is sufficient with wax. Applying more wax after the fact will be ok, just make sure you wash it real well first.

Comment

You could apply more coats of wax if you like, as long as the surface seems to be clean and what not. Really, if you are just trying to get the looks fom using the machine, one coat applied and removed by machine should do it.

Now #9 is a cleaner/polish, so it will certainly clean any previous wax off of the surface, so after that 2 coats of Nxt would be a good idea.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

No dawn.

Comment

Thanks, I'll just apply one more coat of NTX when the G110 comes in.
          It was just waxed last week.

Thanks,
          Wig

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');