• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment

Does it worth to buy an extra #81 & #82 or #20 to maintain my cars?

I have a 1998 (metallic black) & 2003 (brilliant silver) vehicles, both paint conditions, I would say okay (shines and reflects a lot after washed). No oxidation found so far but just little swirl marks.

Right now, I have the following collections stored in my garage for regular maintanence:

#83, #26, Color X, NXT Techwax, Scratch X and G-100 with 3 kinds of pads.

Please advice. Thanks.

You might want to pick up some clay if you see that you are having some surface contamination in the future but other than that it sounds like you are well stocked to maintain your car.

Quick Detailer is also nice to have on hand for in between washing and for bird droppings.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

While each and every product that you've named is a stellar product, it may not be necessary for you to the additional products that you've mentioned in my honest opinion.

Black, as I know you know, is a tough color to keep in good shape and thus, sometimes other products may be more useful in very specific circumstances but, with #83 and Color-X, I think you'll have a solid combo.

#83, on many dark colored vehicles, may not bring the vehicle to the ultimate pop and may require an additional product. This, in my opinion, is where you could utilize your Color-X in order to bring it to the high gloss that most demand. Color-X is an excellent 'one-step' type of product that will clean up the very light haze (I stress 'very light') that might be left behind on some vehicles finishes after application.

NXT and #26 are no-brainers in my opinion. Just about every arsenal should have these products and they can even be used in conjunction with each other (NXT topped with #26). They're both tried and true products that are very well respected within the detailing world.

So, in summary, I think you have a pretty good A-X (not Z) type of system already in place. #83 to remove cob-webbing/swirls, Color-X to clean up any smaller, less obvious imperfections, NXT /#26 to protect the finish, and a G-100 to apply (and even remove) the aforementioned products.

One thing you didn't mention was which 3 pads you had. You may or may not need a couple polishing/finishing. Just a thought. Also, as Lynn mentioned, Clay and a detailing spray like Quick Detailer or Final Inspection would probably be excellent items to keep on hand.

RP
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky
      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Thanks for helping.

The pads which I got are W-7006 to W-9006. With you advices, I would get more pads for detailing.

Originally posted by Rockpick
        While each and every product that you've named is a stellar product, it may not be necessary for you to the additional products that you've mentioned in my honest opinion.

Black, as I know you know, is a tough color to keep in good shape and thus, sometimes other products may be more useful in very specific circumstances but, with #83 and Color-X, I think you'll have a solid combo.

#83, on many dark colored vehicles, may not bring the vehicle to the ultimate pop and may require an additional product. This, in my opinion, is where you could utilize your Color-X in order to bring it to the high gloss that most demand. Color-X is an excellent 'one-step' type of product that will clean up the very light haze (I stress 'very light') that might be left behind on some vehicles finishes after application.

NXT and #26 are no-brainers in my opinion. Just about every arsenal should have these products and they can even be used in conjunction with each other (NXT topped with #26). They're both tried and true products that are very well respected within the detailing world.

So, in summary, I think you have a pretty good A-X (not Z) type of system already in place. #83 to remove cob-webbing/swirls, Color-X to clean up any smaller, less obvious imperfections, NXT /#26 to protect the finish, and a G-100 to apply (and even remove) the aforementioned products.

One thing you didn't mention was which 3 pads you had. You may or may not need a couple polishing/finishing. Just a thought. Also, as Lynn mentioned, Clay and a detailing spray like Quick Detailer or Final Inspection would probably be excellent items to keep on hand.

RP

Comment

Originally posted by C32 AMG
          Thanks for helping.
          No problem C32! More than glad to have helped!

-RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Okay, I forget to ask?

Is there any expiry dates for Meguiar's waxes and polishes? Can I keep the stuffs in room temperature for at least one to two years without use. So far, I only realize that paste waxes may shrink and get solid if not used.

Comment

Generally speaking, if the products are kept at room temperatures year round in sealed/capped bottles, you shouldn't have any problems over a period of a couple of years.

Every product is unique and ultimately, will have it's own characteristics...

RP
              -The Final Detail-
              Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                Generally speaking, if the products are kept at room temperatures year round in sealed/capped bottles, you shouldn't have any problems over a period of a couple of years.

Every product is unique and ultimately, will have it's own characteristics...

RP
                Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi C32 AMG,
                  Please try to clean up your PM folders. I was trying to PM you but it bounced back saying your folder is full
                  Will try again later!
                  Cheers
                  stephen

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');