• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need big help with this truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need big help with this truck

Heya havent posted in some time, but this is my dads 92 pickup, always in the sun, never really been washed much etc.. u know the drill... well i think this is the old wax comming off, looks just like dendroof (sp) and it flakes.. what can i use to get it off, cuz its really hard to do, cuz if i could maybe i could apply the wax or something to bring it back as much as I could... thnx

--Marta--
    2001 Grand Am GT
    2002 Camaro

Hey,

I am afraid that is not old wax peeling off but rather the clear coat. The paint is suffering from clear coat failure. Nothing short of a re-paint will help that situation. Sorry Bud.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

And I'll back that up following the flow chart in the paint condition deck. The only solution is to sand and repaint. Sorry.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

thnx , thats what i told my dad but he woudnt believe me hehehe..... thnx a bunch...
        --Marta--
        2001 Grand Am GT
        2002 Camaro

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');