• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New paint job

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Honda S2000. I have tried to take good care of my car, but it's been hard, both because of my ignorance and because as we have not had a garage and my car has been exposed to the elements (and cats!) 24/7. I have waxed my car maybe 5 times over the past year and a half. I have never claybarred or cleaned the paint.

Anyway, after reading through the Meguiars material I thought i would do a more complete cleaning and waxing: claybar, cleaning polish (Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and ScratchX), pure polish (Deep Crystal Polish), and wax (NXT Generation). That was my plan. But then disaster struck two weeks ago. I was in an accident.

I picked up my car today. The front end of my car (hood, front and side panels) has been repainted.

The question is: How do I now proceed? I gather I need to wait 3 months before waxing the new paint. Should I simply be content with washing my car for the next 3 months, looking to the end of summer to do a more complete job? Or should I go ahead and claybar, polish, and wax the older parts now? Should I use Deep Crystal Polish on the new paint?

Thank you for your guidance.

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: New paint job

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

You can safely wash and polish the paint using any of our pure polishes and then after the painter's recommended waiting time, apply a coat of wax.

You can also give this a read...

Paint Needs to Breathe

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you, Mike.

Is it okay to use Ultimate Quick Detailer on the new paint?
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        Thank you, Mike.
        Is it okay to use Ultimate Quick Detailer on the new paint?
        No because it will seal the paint so you want it to outgas.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');