• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Truck Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Truck Detailing

The owner of this farmers market actually has this garbage truck detailed twice a year, along with all of his personal and business vehicles.

Of course, only the best will do for this cream-puff. That's why I make sure it gets a top coat of NXT High Tech Wax.

Also, since the hood opens forward, you can bet that everything in sight under that hood gets cleaned, polished and waxed. Even the chrome wheels get polished and waxed too.

Last edited by mirrorfinishman; Aug 22, 2004, 10:33 AM.
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Out of all the trucks... a garbage truck has to be the hardest to keep looking good... and that truck looks good! But if you spend the money on the truck I would want it to look good too.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

And to think, I felt stupid asking questions about detailing my John Deere tractor.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
        And to think, I felt stupid asking questions about detailing my John Deere tractor.

Tom
        Hey Tom,

Most people wouldn't believe that I actually detailed my house last weekend. (Well my neighbors might. After all, they've probably seen me spend two or more hours just detailing my twenty-five year old ten-speed bike. You know the kind with the skinny tires. Yes, every spoke got polished and wax that day)

Anywho, back to my house detailing adventures. First, I washed the vinyl siding by hand, using a soft brush and Meguiar's Soft Gel Wash, of course. Then I polished and waxed the rain gutters. And then I even applied 303 protectant to the window shutters too.

Maybe I'll have to take a few pictures and let everyone see that detailing products are not just for cars and boats anymore.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Guys,

Do you think that we could get a group rate at a good "shrink"?

Tom

Comment

That garbage truck looks better than a UPS truck, Great job!
            "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

It's a good thing you posted a picture, I had to open this one just to see.....Damn you did a nice job....

You wouldn't want to do the ones in this crappy town, they look really really bad. And they are painted a crappy brown color to boot.
              Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
              08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
              98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
              82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I hope you didn't have to clean out the, um, mess in the trunk...
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                  Guys,

Do you think that we could get a group rate at a good "shrink"?

Tom
                  Who needs a shrink? Detailing is therapy!
                  Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
                  Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo0903
                    Who needs a shrink? Detailing is therapy!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');