• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between nxt2.0. and M21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between nxt2.0. and M21

I was wondering what last longer and gives a deeper shine, and looks the best? Which is easier to apply and remove between nxt 2.0. and M21?

Re: difference between nxt2.0. and M21

From what i understand, NXT 2.0 and #21 2.0 are basically the the same just in different lines for a different market
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Hey,

Just to clarify...

There are differences between NXT 2.0 and M21 2.0 though they are similar as Derrick mentioned.

The M21 is geared towards the professional user, is available in larger quantities and can be applied with a rotary buffer. The NXT can not be applied with a rotary. So while they are similar in being synthetic sealants, there are differences... Other differences...only the chemists know and they 'ain't' talking!

Either one looks awesome!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

#20 has some stronger cleaners in it, and is a synthetic/carnuba blend for the wax.

It is effectively a mild cleaner/wax, while #21 is purely synthetic and just a LSP.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

NXT 2.0 lasts longer than #21 2.0. NXT continues to be Meguiar's longer lasting wax. #21 2.0 does seem easier to apply and remove than NXT, but NXT is still pretty easy to apply and remove. I believe you won't really notice too great a difference between the two, either way both will leave an amazing finish.
          Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
            NXT 2.0 lasts longer than #21 2.0. NXT continues to be Meguiar's longer lasting wax. #21 2.0 does seem easier to apply and remove than NXT, but NXT is still pretty easy to apply and remove. I believe you won't really notice too great a difference between the two, either way both will leave an amazing finish.

Hmmm. My experience is that #21 1.0 lasts longer than NXT 2.0... NXT might protect better, but #21 lasts, and lasts, and lasts. And I haven't tried the 2.0 version yet. NXT might protect better, but my experience is that #21 is the more durable. Perhaps not the strongest barrier, but more durable.

What this might tell the end user is that if he or she lives in an area with a lot of industrial pollution, the best choice would be NXT 2.0 and more frequent applications. For someone in a less dirty environment, or someone who has a professional need to wax up a car and leave it sit outside for a month or two yet maintain its gloss and protection (such as an automobile dealer), #21 might be the better choice.
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

a rep told me there the same thing one marketing for public other for professional

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                Hey,

Just to clarify...

There are differences between NXT 2.0 and M21 2.0 though they are similar as Derrick mentioned.

The M21 is geared towards the professional user, is available in larger quantities and can be applied with a rotary buffer. The NXT can not be applied with a rotary. So while they are similar in being synthetic sealants, there are differences... Other differences...only the chemists know and they 'ain't' talking!

Either one looks awesome!!!

Tim
                Hi Tim, while i figured those are the common differences when talking about the difference in consumer and professional line products I did call and speak to someone at Megs customer care a while back when i first tried the NXT 2.0 and they told the the same thing mentioned above. That they were the same and then i replied asking them about applying via Rotary because i know that is a common difference but they told me NXT 2.0 can be applied via rotary as well. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought they might have been mistaken.
                ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
                210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
                  Hi Tim, while i figured those are the common differences when talking about the difference in consumer and professional line products I did call and speak to someone at Megs customer care a while back when i first tried the NXT 2.0 and they told the the same thing mentioned above. That they were the same and then i replied asking them about applying via Rotary because i know that is a common difference but they told me NXT 2.0 can be applied via rotary as well. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought they might have been mistaken.
                  Hey Derrick,

I think they may have been confused...if you try and use NXT with a rotary, it will flash way too quickly. Moreover, using it with M21, it glides on nicely and is quite workable. Meguiar's officially does not recommend using NXT with a rotary polisher.

I have used gallons of each and while there are similarities, there are also differences which become noticeable after using so much of both.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
                    Hey Derrick,

I think they may have been confused...if you try and use NXT with a rotary, it will flash way too quickly. Moreover, using it with M21, it glides on nicely and is quite workable. Meguiar's officially does not recommend using NXT with a rotary polisher.

I have used gallons of each and while there are similarities, there are also differences which become noticeable after using so much of both.

Tim
                    Once again thank you for clarifying and I'm sure many will benefit from your answers. While i have not tried either with a rotary yet ( i usually wax using my orbital ) it keeps me from having to learn from another mistake in the future if i decided to try it.
                    210-281-8151

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
                      wouldn't #21 generally last longer because it's a sealant being compared to a wax??
                      AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

No, Meguiars tends to use the terms wax and sealant interchangeably.

I believe I have seen NXT called the best protecting wax, not sure I have ever seen claims to longest lasting.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As others have said previously, I personally like #21 because it can be purchased in a larger size.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');