• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing scratches

I've had these scratches on my drivers side door for a while but I really would like to get rid of them or at least diminish them. Rockpick pointed me over here and I hope someone can give me some guidance as to what to try. Thanks.

If it were my car I'd have at it with #83 and a PC with a polishing pad. If you don't have a PC you can remove or reduce the scratches with ScratchX by hand. I'd use some terrycovered hand applicators to apply to get a little extra bite.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

i used Quik Clay, #83, #82, and 2 coats of NXT. all were applied with a PC.

Before:

after:

some more scratches and a stain:

stain and scratches gone (well except for the deep ones)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I think I will start off with Scratch X since I don't have a PC yet (on my to get list). I'll hopefully do it this weekend and I'll post pics of end results.

Comment

Quack,

Your scratches go beyond the paint don't they or are they clear coat scratches? Mine seem to go beyond the paint so I'm hoping at least some of the scratches will come out.

Comment

some scratches get down to the paint and are still visible from a few inches away. if you look at the fuel filler door, you can see some left on the bottom left side. most of them are gone, but the deeper ones are there, but not too noticable.

i think i'm going to get to do my Discovery, which has a more/deeper scratches than my Range Rover did, this weekend. well at least part of it because i have to work outside (won't, can't fit in the garage)

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');