• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to care for Waffle Weave, MF, Terry? (wash/dry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to care for Waffle Weave, MF, Terry? (wash/dry)

I washed my car yesterday, and after drying I noticed some small scratches that weren't consistent with normal swirls, but something that must have been done while drying. I will try to produce a picture later, but I think it was done with my drying towel, which I had just previously cleaned (or so I thought).

Herein lies the problem. I know when you wash Microfiber towels, to dry them you don't use fabric softener - I assume it's like that for Terry and Waffle Weave as well. Is there a certain detergent I should or shouldn't use for MF, terry and waffle weave? hot, warm, cold water?

This really is a huge concern, I need to know where this is coming from.

If something did get dried with fabric softener, could it just go through the cycle and be okay, or does it need to be pitched?

Matthew 19:26

Re: How to care for Waffle Weave, MF, Terry? (wash/dry)

Wash them in hot water with a mix of some detergent (liquid tends to work best) and APC. Rinse with vinegar (you can use cold water for the rinse cycles), and then keep running rinse cycles until there is no soap at the top of the water. Dry on hot. Enjoy.

Fabric Softener will make the towels leave streaks on the paint. If there is fabric softener on them, I'd soak them in some APC mix to help break that stuff down, then re-wash them.

Comment

My routine is like Tyler’s except a few miner differences, I dry mine on low heat and remove them just before they are completely dry (like you can hardly tell they’re damp), it seems to cut down on the static. I use ACP+ and rinse on warn.

Other than that I would just add: Wash and dry your MF’s and terry’s separate.

Also, I tend to use a little more distilled white vinegar in the rinse cycle than what I’ve seen most people say they use; I probably use about a cup.
      This subject comes up quite often and I’m sure you’ll get different opinions on the subject but, I don’t think there is a right or wrong way really.

People’s water (hard/soft) and detergents can work differently so, just try and see what works best for you.

Comment

I just pour the vinegar to about a count of 3. Nothing specific here. Good point too about washing things separately.

My list of what I wash together/separately looks something like this:
        • MF Wash Mitts, Drying Towels, and Glass MF towels
        • Good MF Towels, Applicator Pads, and on occasion, my expensive high quality terry towels.
        • Dirty MF and any cheap terry towels.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I've always kept my Terry, MF, and pads separate on washes. I think my wife snuck a fabric softener in last time though I rewashed and apparently that didn't help.

Matthew 19:26

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');