• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I made a mistake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Think I made a mistake....

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    $490 doesn't sound bad, if this is what he was wanting.

most people relate "detailing" to just cleaning their vehicle. No buffing, or having the paint in pristine condition, just cleaning(inside and out).

This theme has been coming up a lot on the forum lately, that is

1) Evaluate the Customer

then...

2) Evaluate the condition of the paint...
    (assuming you accept the customer and the project)

Make sure you're matching your servers to what they want. All to often people new to the detailing business in their excitement and passion try to put a show car finish on everything and like Nick pointed out the majority of people just want their "Daily Driver" clean and shiny. The wouldn't know a swirl is it sat in their lap and bit them. They might see water spots on the paint but they have know idea what it's going to take to remove water spots out of a clear coat finish.

They likely don't understand that after you remove the water spots they can't go back to parking the truck back where the sprinkler goes off every morning or it will just happen again.

Let's hope he's happy with your work and understands the value of what you did.

Originally posted by hemin8r View Post
    Did you make a final pass with polish on a DA before waxing? If you're not too experienced on the rotary there will be rotary trails/holograms after a few washes. I would hate for him to come back to you complaining about the visible swirls on his truck.
    This was my first concern... buffing out clear coat paints using rotary buffers is a lot of work and part of that "work portion" is the follow up steps to insure there are no swirls.

Even addressed this in a new thread that has now been placed in "Hot Topics", see my second post in the below thread...

Please explain Pros/Cons between Rotary and Orbital Buffers

Let us know how things work out....

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Think I made a mistake....

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      The wouldn't know a swirl is it sat in their lap and bit them.

My new favorite quote
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');