• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQD streaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UQD streaking

Another possibility is your wife used dryer sheets in the dryer and you used it after her and the towels picked up contaminants from the dryer I have heard of that happing before.
    You should look at it this way thousands of people are happy with it so what are you doing different.
    Eliminate all sources of problem some where along the way you will cure it.
    Polly based product are affected by high humidity that may have been part of your problem.
    Try the vinegar in the rinse water and use paper towels and glass cleaner to wipe the inside of the dryer before using..
    Black Bart

Comment

I've have seen many products, not just UQD/NXT etc. streak/smear on hot days. 9 out of 10 times in my experience, the marks are gone within a short period of time, or at worst, overnight. I get the image of a semi-liquid being smeared around by the cloth, then settling into a smooth surface (no more streaks) after a short period until it has fully cured.

The second scenario is a bit easier to figure, high humidity. You said it was a cool (45*) day and misting rain. Rain = 100% humidity. I think that is a wee bit on the high side for UQD to have worked properly.

On my Suzuki, only the hood and trunk lid show any signs of "uneven colorization" (is that a real term? ) after NXT 1.0 / 2.0, UQD or other "toppers." I'm willing to bet that if I were to stand on a ladder, I would see the same 'discolorizations' on the roof...I just can't see them from the ground. I'm starting to think that perhaps a combination of the SS paint and the environment is taking a bigger toll on my top surfaces than I thought. I'm going to try going over the top/hood/truck from step 1 (clay, #83, #9, NXT 2.0) to see if that solve my problem...but first this 94* & high (75%) humidity has to go..
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I have a thick MF towel from Walmart I use. I spray 2 quick sprays on a small section wipe with the long nap side of the towel then flip it to use the smaller nap side and buff the section. I use this on 2 cars weekly with great success.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');