• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is silicon wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is silicon wax

I have read "silicon wax" in my country forum. Is it a sealant? or a new product?

Re: What is silicon wax

PatentStorm is a database and reference site containing information about current, pending, and expired U.S. and world patents.
    Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

I don't know exactly what it is but, I think one of my neighbor's wife uses that stuff.

Sorry........ it's a little late.

Comment

lol good one TXShine...

Comment

Silicone waxes, that is paint protection products that claimed to be "Silicone Waxes" were a popular thing in the 60's and 70's

Think consumer sentiment turned negative over refinishing fears that most if no one touts silicone as their miracle product any longer although most fears are unfounded as any quality body shop will properly prepare the body panels for re-painting before spraying fresh paint and that includes removing anything that would cause paint adhesion problems which could include some types of silicones.

I've got a bottle of wax actually called Silicone Wax somewhere in my collection.

Here's an article on the topic that was written a few years ago but the information is still accurate.

The Role Silicone Plays in Car Care Products

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');