• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply #80 and#7 and DC1 by hand using what pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply #80 and#7 and DC1 by hand using what pressure?

Apply #80 and#7 and DC1 by hand using what pressure?

if i'm applying these by hand, how much strength or pressure should i use?

When i was doing my car i was just rubbing it very lightly, and didnt really notice much of a difference?

Should i rubbed it harder?

And should i rub it in circular motions or just in horizontal and vertical lines?

Re: Apply #80 and#7 and DC1 by hand using what pressure?

Yes i think you should rub it a little harder. not very light, because 80 and DC1 have abrasives, if you don't work on the product, it won't gives you any result.

Better if you work it on horizontal or vertical lines.

Comment

Wait, since they have abrasives doesnt that mean i have to be softer or it will scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by vietkangta View Post
        Wait, since they have abrasives doesn't that mean i have to be softer or it will scratch?
        No.
        Abrasives are materials that are used to shape a surface through rubbing. So basically what you are doing when you work a product that has abrasives you are shaping the surface from a uneven form to a even uniform form to get a smooth, reflective, glossy finish.

M07 Show Car Shine does not contain abrasives, it's a pure polish.

What are you working on? What are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

You also have to be careful what you apply #80 with. I always use the DA polisher and a polishing pad, e.g. Meguiar's 8006 or Lake Country white.. I would guess they recommend a foam applicator of some sort when working by hand.

Comment

if i;m applying these by hand, how much strength or pressure should i use? When i was doing my car i was just rubbing it very lightly, and didnt really notice much of a difference? Should i rubbed it harder?

And should i rub it in circular motions or just in horizontal and vertical lines?
            Like yalard asked...

What are you working on?
            What condition is the paint in?
            What are you trying to accomplish?

Best results for removing scratches by hand come from using ScratchX or M105, not M80

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Check this out, it's an article in "Hot Topics"

Circles or Straight Lines?

You can always get to the "Hot Topic" forum as we keep a link to it on the homepage because I need to click to it every day about a hundred times!

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
              So much good, practical and helpful information in these two forums
              Hot Topics
              How To Articles

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

well i'm just trying to make the paint a bit shinier, since the paint was recently repainted with clear coat when i accidentally swiped the car against another car. The fender was repainted with new paint and part of the bumper was clear coated. I can tell that the paint looks a bit more dull then the side that was problem free, so i'm just trying to make it look nice again.

The car is a 2008 accord. The color is Beige.

I;m using the meguiar foam applicator pads to apply these things by hand.

Comment

Taking the full context into consideration...

This

well I'm just trying to make the paint a bit shinier, since the paint was recently repainted with clear coat

I can tell that the paint looks a bit more dull then the side that was problem free, so I'm just trying to make it look nice again.

The car is a 2008 accord. The color is Beige.

I;m using the Meguiar's foam applicator pads to apply these things by hand.

With this,

if i;m applying these by hand, how much strength or pressure should i use?

When i was doing my car i was just rubbing it very lightly, and didn't really notice much of a difference?

Should i rubbed it harder?
                  When it comes to dully or hazy BRAND NEW PAINT that's not shiny to start with, this is an indicator that something when wrong with the painting process and it could be that you rubbing a cleaner/polish like M80 by hand with a foam pad won't fix the problem.

It's possible a rotary buffer couldn't fix the problem it depends on what the actual problem with the paint is.

Maybe the right fix is to take it back to the painter and show them and let them know the quality of the finish results is not acceptable.

We had a couple bring a Mercedes-Benz to our class last Saturday and they wanted Meguiar's to show them how to make the paint shiny?

The problem was the BRAND NEW PAINT JOB was HORRIBLE and our recommendation was to take it back to the body shop and include their Insurance Rep to let them know the lack of quality in the paint job was not acceptable and also not fixable.

Even if it was fixable, they shouldn't have to sand and then use a rotary buffer to buff out their brand new paint job and besides that neither of them owned a rotary buffer nor knows how to wet-sand, cut and buff.

As to how hard to push the applicator pad?

No harder than you would rub lotion over the dry skin on your arm for a weak analogy.

There are times when you can rub hard and times when you shouldn't and when it comes to brand new paint that's not already clear, glossy and shiny, you shouldn't have to be rubbing hard to try to get these kinds of features.

If your only option is to rub this paint job out by hand then you might want to consider investing into a DA Polisher and cross your fingers the paint can be fixed and if it can be fixed a DA Polisher will be strong enough to remove enough paint to smooth the surface over and create some clarity and gloss.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');