• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This sound ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sound ok

Hi everyone, I've got 2 black vehicles, one 2007 Accent (wifes) and a 2007 Ranger sport(mine)

Going to wax both soon and I was going to do the following

1- wash
    2- clay
    3- use #1 cleaner wax to prep the surface( will be doing by hand...)
    4- wax with nxt 2.0

This combo sound about right? Or should I do it differently? Heard lots of good reviews on the nxt 2.0 and I want to make sure I do this right.

Sorry for the silly question, but these are the first vehicles of ours I've been able to wax without fear of cutting myself to shreds on rust(we do love our salt here in Nova Scotia)

Rick
    Black is not a color, its a part time job!

Re: This sound ok

You're process looks like it will do a great job, focus your attention on the claying and cleaning steps as these will determine your end results.

Then apply at least on well-worked coating of NXT and let it dry all the way, wipe off and admire the results.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, I will be very careful with the cleaning steps.
      Should I be looking at putting 2 coats of nxt 2.0 on?
      Or would that be a waste of time and energy?

Comment

Detail sound nice, good luck with your detail and post your results for others to see

Comment

I'm going to do the exact same process this weekend except I was going to substitute Color X for the cleaner wax because the pics on here where Color X & NXT 2.0 are used look absolutely fantastic.

Take some pics.

Comment

ColorX is a bit stronger of a cleaner/wax as well, which I figure is handy for a daily driver.

As far as two coats of Nxt, the cleaner/wax would count as one coat of wax, and the first coat of Nxt would cover the 2 recomended coats. You might try one panel with a second coat if you wanted, and see if there is any difference after that?

EDIT:

When you say #1 Cleaner/wax, which product are you refering to? The Deep Crystal Step #1 Paint Cleaner, or the Cleaner/Wax?

That would change things a little....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I was thinking about the deep crystal step 1.
              Is the cleaner wax a better option?
              Both vehicles are DD's.

Comment

Well, its not so much about a better option, it is about if you want to try and do a proper process, how much time, how many steps it would take.

For instance, let me list two detail processes, and see what looks better to you: (Of course you would wash, and maybe UQD in between details)

1. Wash
                2. Clay
                3. Clean - Deep Crystal #1
                4. Polish - (Optional, but recomended for best looks) Deep Crystal #2
                5. Wax - Nxt 2.0, etc
                6. Wax - Nxt 2.0 - 2 thin coats are recomended

1. Wash
                2. Clay
                3. Cleaner/wax - You can use either the maroon bottled Cleaner/Wax or ColorX
                4. Wax - Nxt 2.0

Doing individual steps would tend to give best results, but obviously it is more steps and more time. But doing a quicker detail with ColorX and Nxt will not give shabby results at all, as seen below:

Comment

Do you guys wax the door jambs and the inside edges of the doors?

Comment

Every once in a while... a cleaner/wax is good for those.

Comment

Thanks Murr

Comment

Do not skimp on the prep. The better you prepare your paint the better your end results will be. Either of Murrs examples would be great. Good luck and let us see your final results.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');