• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tuff water stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuff water stains

hi, im sure im beating an old dog here , but i couldnt find what i needed in search,...i got a 97 black cobra, an got some tuff white water stains at the base of my rear spoiler right where it connects to the trunk, i hear white vinegar works, is this true an whatelse can i use,ty
    John 3:16

i heard the same.....

there quite a mistery about vinegar,some say it works fine,others wouldn't touch their car with it,
    i wouldn't know,just ask our prophet,Mike,he will know what to do.

Rick

Comment

uhh ok , what do u think Mike?
      John 3:16

Comment

Mike has had a family emergency with his son and may not be able to respond for a bit so let me jump in with what I know about it. Bear with me as I'm not as eloquent nor experienced as Mike.

Water spots are basically of two types. One is an accumulation of mineral deposits that has dried and hardened on the finish. The other is etched into the paint by acid rain.

Vinegar will dissolve the mineral deposits. Some of these are very hard and may require wetting a paper towel with vinegar and laying it over the spots for several minutes. Vinegar will also remove your wax so after removing the deposit you need to rewax. Besides vinegar, paint cleaners like MPPC or an abrasive product like DACP will work.

The more serious problem is the etched areas. These require a fairly abrasive product to level out the defect. Products like DACP or #80 should make a dent in these depending on how deep they are.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

In addition to vinegar as an option, often I find that clay will remove such deposits as they are generally sitting above the surface. Good luck!

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');