• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super glue on leather seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super glue on leather seat?

Its not really super glue, its a product called Liquid Bandage. Its used for sealing cuts on your fingers, etc. Long story short, the kids spilled a bottle on the leather seat. Its been there for a while so its cured. Its a big brown spot on tan leather.

Anyway to get this off? I have tried a couple leather cleaners but it doesnt phase it.

Re: Super glue on leather seat?

Sounds like sticky situation...

We don't make anything that will emulsify what is in essence super glue just a human safe version of it.

Best thing to do would be to check with the manufactures and ask them if they can recommend a solvent that will remove the glue and then cross your fingers it also doesn't discolor or harm the leather worse than it already is.

Other options...

Have that section replaced
    Seat cover
    Pull a similar seat from a similar car in a wrecking yard
    Learn to live with it

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Super Glue Is Used By Some Interior Repair Techs For Small Cracks,holes Ect. They 1st Clean The Leather With Spray Window Cleaner, Wipe Dry And Sand Lightly With180 Grit To Produce Dust Than Apply Crazy Glue And Sand Again Wet With 180g. The Glue Mixes With The Dust And Fills The Damaged Area And Then Redye The Repair. Check Your For A Carisma Franchise In Your Area.

You Can Try Finger Nail Polish Remover 1st But It Might Discolor The Leather If It Even Is Leather And Not Simulated.

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
        Check Your For A Carisma Franchise In Your Area.
        Or even check for any company that specializes in interior repair, like vinyl and leather repair and dying. They might be able to help you.

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
        You Can Try Finger Nail Polish Remover 1st But It Might Discolor The Leather If It Even Is Leather And Not Simulated.
        Always test anything you have concerns about to an inconspicuous are first. The below was done using Finger Nail Polish Remover but at the time there were no other available options and the owner didn't want to pay to have the seat recovered.

The below was the 218th post made on this forum

1999 Corvette - Remove Swirls and Scratches

Lynn finished restoring the seats by removing the dye first. She then re-cleaned the seats again using Meguiar's

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner

Followed by conditioning the leather with,

Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

Here's the before,

Here's the after,

And Here's a shot of the interior after she detailed it,

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I may try the nail polish remover. We already have seat covers, this happened on a day they were not on.

This is the wifes car and what we use to take the kids everywhere. My daughter plays travel softball and that car is just a diaster. I am not going to kill myself or spend a fortune trying to clean it, as the kids will only do something else to mes it up

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');