• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some products on local market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some products on local market

There are a lot of products that called 'polishing wax''.they clean,polish and protect the paint as they said..What are they exactly??Are they AIO like AG SRP , are they cleaner wax??
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: some products on local market

Sounds like they are cleaner/waxes.

Most waxes sold through a retail store are cleaner/waxes even if they don't say "Cleaner Wax" on the label.

The reason for this is most people are working on daily drivers and when exposed to the environment from day to day the paint gets dirty, it gets contaminated. A cleaner wax will clean the paint and remove dirt, stains and bonded contaminants to some level and enable the wax to bond to the paint while hopefully producing an improved visual difference.

This makes the end-user happy.

Some cleaner/waxes work better than others, we like to think ours work the best but everyone needs to test out a few products and come to their own conclusions.

Somewhere on this forum I actually wrote a very detailed and yes lengthy explanation about this topic, have know idea what search terms would work to locate it.

This article here does explain the problem...

The Lesson White Paint Teaches Us

Be interesting to see how people reply to your post here

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Different companies use their own terms, there is no universal standard. So you kind of have to dig into the info and see what the product actualy does.

If it cleans/polishes/protects, then it would be compared to Meguiars cleaner/waxes.

If it just polished/protected, it could be compared to the Gold Class Wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

some of them cleans/polishes/protects and some other polished/protected...
        To be honest i don't thing that they can be compared with Meguiar's products especially on quality : ).
        I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');