• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing residue off of paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing residue off of paint?

I have some residue leftover from the paint cleaner (A3016) that is now dry and cannot remove it with soap and water. My searches have turned up this thread:

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

However, it seems that is more for removing residue off of the vinyl / plastic parts rather than the paint itself. Will those be okay to use or is there another product I could turn to?

Re: Removing residue off of paint?

Often times if you have some type of paint care residue on paint and you want to get it off, you can use the same product to re-liquefy and remove the product.

Just to make sure... you do know that you don't let a paint cleaner dry? You apply it to a small section, work it over the paint and then wipe it off and move on. After using a paint cleaner at a minimum you want to apply a coating of wax or a paint sealant.

In the Meguiar's line of paint care products, the only products that need to dry are the waxes.

More information.... love the title of this thread...

Which products need to dry before removing?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Removing residue off of paint?

Moved to Detailing 101 as Hot Topics is a forum reserved for "Hot Topics"

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment