• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro Fiber, fibers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Fiber, fibers....

So this has been bugging me for a while now...

Does anyone else get the tiny little fibers sticking to your paint from your Micro Fiber towels?

I have tried several different brands of towels and they all seem to do it, whether new or used, some more than others, and it gets worse as they get older.

Does anyone have a way to safely removed them? I notice it the most when using a QD.

Thanks,
    Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: Micro Fiber, fibers....

Did not notice it when using a new towel the other day. Albeit I was just drying the car. What brand are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.haributo View Post
      Did not notice it when using a new towel the other day. Albeit I was just drying the car. What brand are you using?
      I have in my arsenal now...

Cobra
      Chemical Guys
      Meguiars SS
      Meguiars UW

I'm not sure if the Ultimate Wipes are leaving anything behind but I don't like using them for QD's as the nap is so short. They don't seem to remove the fibers left behind by other towels either.
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

One question, are you washing your MF Towels with other things like MF Mitt? or you wash your MF Towels just the towels and nothing more?

Comment

Ive never seen lint from the Megs towels.

I have from a few other brands though.
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
            Ive never seen lint from the Megs towels.

I have from a few other brands though.
            I agree. The only lint I get is from the Wal-Mart brand.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

The gray vroom towels will leave lint when used for glass cleaning since I use pressure to be sure they are clean and dry. I have other brands (Meg's, Viking, Mothers, etc) that have not shown linting. I also wash them in warm water not hot and low heat drying. I am sure they should be able to handle hot water, etc. by why stress them more than they need. They do wear out just like clothes. I use dryer balls to help soften and this does not seem to harm them (create lint).
              Al
              ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

It's happeed to me before, but it seems I only see the little fibers on glass.

The towels I have now are Vroom (they're the premium orange ones from Target - which are actually pretty good!) and Supreme Shines, and I haven't noticed any lint.
                1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                  One question, are you washing your MF Towels with other things like MF Mitt? or you wash your MF Towels just the towels and nothing more?
                  Nope. I always wash them seperate with liquid tide. I do have all my MF towels in a big bin...maybe the were pulling loose fibers from the older towels???
                  Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                    maybe the were pulling loose fibers from the older towels???
                    Yeap, this is I'm thinking.

Comment

Seems to me it's just a pesky little thing that's hard to avoid with MF towels. It's happened with Megs towels and cheap towels, new and used towels, washed and unwashed towels... Wonder if there's a secret somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by techjazz View Post
                        Seems to me it's just a pesky little thing that's hard to avoid with MF towels. It's happened with Megs towels and cheap towels, new and used towels, washed and unwashed towels... Wonder if there's a secret somewhere.
                        That's what I'm searching for.

I really don't notice it much when I wax though...maybe less friction to pull the fibers loose???
                        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Hmm...

Someone told me that drying the towels on low heat will help the towels not to lint as much... but I can't leave the dryer on all day! I haven't noticed it with towels I dry on high heat. Really for me, it only happens on my glass cleaning towels...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');