• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Microfiber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up a pack...did the CD scratch test.

I couldn't believe my eyes...so I did it again.

And again.

So I bore down on that CD with the towel as if I were trying to crack a walnut.

No scratches!
    "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
    R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Please excuse me if this sounds stupid, but what is Costco? I looked for a website. Are you guys talking about Costco.com (a warehouse club)? Can you order these towels online?

Thanks

Comment

Costco.com is their website.

Costco is a wholesale club. They have a membership which you pay annually and you're allowed to shop around in there. They sell many things (from toiletries to food, to decorations, etc.) in bulk and/or at heavily discounted prices.

They have a great quality control and wonderful customer service. If enough people make requests for a product, they're likely to carry it. Also, they make returns and exchanges very easy.

On another note...I just tried out the mf towels from Costco. They're deceptively plush. I'm a fan!
        "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
        R.A. Heinlein

Comment

I buy my MF's from WCD and they are great, you can use them straight out of the bag and no linting, you get a nice discount the more you buy. I have yet to try any of the Meg's towels so I can't speak for them.
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

ya there great i have 8 packs yes 8 i have had linting with 1 pack of them but i exchanged them no questions asked
            in canada there about the best MFs you can get and the price is a bonus
            20 for 14.95
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I dont gamble with my paint's finish. My clearcoat is too soft.

These would be things I would use on my wheel wells or for getting bird poop off my car.
              Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
              Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I've not had a single problem with the MF towels from Costco. I just snap em out a few times before using em, and not a problem.

Every car I've detailed so far has been with those towels!
                Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

haven't used the costco ones, but i have the sams club mf's and have had good results with no problems.

Comment

I have noticed some minor swirls get back into the surface after removing wax/polish with the MF from Costco (makes me a little angry). But to slove this problem I usually wet mine down with water to soften them up...but, overall I don't recommend them.

Comment

after reading this thread. went out to Costco to pick me up a bag.
                      its the micro fiber towels. yellow in color. you get 20 for $9.

I was thinking of just using it for my quick interior use.
                      I like the Meg's micro towels. it feels a lot softer and thicker.
                      I will use that for my paint and body.

Comment

I started out using cotton towels to polish my car and was not able to get a nice clean shine. When I tried using Costco MF towel, it gave a nice clean shine and without any scratches. Since my car is black, even the slightest flaw is noticeable. Not bad for $8 a dozen.

Comment

wow this is old but ya im starting to switch from costco to the meguiar's SS MF because i realized that the SS edges are lined so it is almost impossible to scratch your car

the costco MFs are great around the house(meguiars are way too expensive to be using around the house)
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord
                          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');