• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Purpose Cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Purpose Cleaners

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has made, and had success with their own kinds of all purpose cleaners. I know about APC and APC+. I have heard of people using woolite to clean interiors. Does anyone have any info on a dilution rate for woolite to clean carpets or upholstery? Does anyone use anything else?

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Re: All Purpose Cleaners

I've used Woolite at 6:1 and 10:1 for cleaning leather. The white towel did have some brown on it but it probably would have with just water too. Maybe it's just me but I wasn't impressed.
    Scott

Comment

What about carpets? I don't have an extractor or little green machine. Just looking for ideas.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I use Simple Green 10:1 on my wheels/tires. Then I use about 13:1 on really dirty leather interior. 10:1 seems a tad stronger than I like.
        -Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
          What about carpets? I don't have an extractor or little green machine. Just looking for ideas.
          I've only used it on leather. For carpets I use APC, APC+, QuikOut and some stuff from a local janitor supply store.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            I've only used it on leather. For carpets I use APC, APC+, QuikOut and some stuff from a local janitor supply store.
            Hey Ryan,

I do have quik out but I am a little hesitant about using it for an entire interior. I have only used it on stains before. I'm kinda looking for something to use on the seats(cloth) and carpet. I don't have any APC. What do you use from the janitor supply store?

Andy
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hey Ryan,

I do have quik out but I am a little hesitant about using it for an entire interior. I have only used it on stains before. I'm kinda looking for something to use on the seats(cloth) and carpet. I don't have any APC. What do you use from the janitor supply store?

Andy
              Ryan? That's the other avatar guy. I'm Scott.

I had to run and look, it's called Majestic Triple Action Enzyme Spotter. I wouldn't use that for the entire carpet. I got it because I had a moldy smell in my front passenger carpet and the person at the store recommended it.

If you have a janitorial supply store you could try there. They seemed really knowledgeable at mine. Or I've heard good things about a product called Folex. I'm not sure if it's a spotter or can be used for the entire carpet. Target carries it and I know I saw it at Home Depot.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                Ryan? That's the other avatar guy. I'm Scott.

I had to run and look, it's called Majestic Triple Action Enzyme Spotter. I wouldn't use that for the entire carpet. I got it because I had a moldy smell in my front passenger carpet and the person at the store recommended it.

If you have a janitorial supply store you could try there. They seemed really knowledgeable at mine. Or I've heard good things about a product called Folex. I'm not sure if it's a spotter or can be used for the entire carpet. Target carries it and I know I saw it at Home Depot.

OOOOPS!!!!

Sorry about that. I have heard of Folex also. Not sure where to get it though.

Andy
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

OOOOPS!!!!

Sorry about that. I have heard of Folex also. Not sure where to get it though.

Andy
                  No problem, I thought it was funny!

I would check any big box store like Walmart or Target.
                  Scott

Comment

I have access to APC readily available. Can I use APC for carpets and interiors or does it have to be APC+? If I can use just APC what would the dilution rate be?

Andy
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I have access to APC readily available. Can I use APC for carpets and interiors or does it have to be APC+? If I can use just APC what would the dilution rate be?

Andy
                      I've used APC at 10:1 over the entire carpet. The only thing is I had a friend that spent 3 hours driving right after we cleaned his car. He said him and his girlfriend couldn't stand the smell. APC has a chemical smell to it whereas APC+ has a citrus scent.

If you want some APC or APC+ or both shoot me a PM with your shipping address and I send some out on me. I have gallons of both and can spare some.
                      Scott

Comment

PM sent

Thanks
                        Andy
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');