• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Result I got from using ScratchX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result I got from using ScratchX

before = http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3396/img0220ps6.jpg
    after = http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1227/img0227vk6.jpg
    after = http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9908/img0226jw6.jpg

I applied the product and rub it for like 1 minute, I did it 5 times, and here is my question: does ScratchX removes the scratch 95%+? cause the scratches are lighter now but I can still see them if I look close.

I also need to know, can ScratchX scratch your car? Cause I used it twice in another part of the car, and I see minor scratches in the place I used.

I applied it with a Meguiar's pad, I already washed the pad, should I use same pad to wax the car? (I only got 1x pad).

should I keep using the ScratchX until the scratches of picture I posted are 100% gone? or using ScratchX many times damages the car?

Re: Result I got from using ScratchX

Hi.

You need to put some elbow grease to work out Scratch X. Passion is key.

Scratch X is design to remove scratches not instilling more (with proper method and tool) and its CC safe.

Regarding the pad, its recomended that you have dedicated pads for each type of work. Buy more hi tech pads/even coat apps as you'll need them.

And here's a some good links to get you started

"definitive scratch X thread collection"

Hope this helps.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

If the foam pad doesn't remove it completely then you can try a terry cloth towel to have a little more bit.

Lots of elbow grease and maybe more than one application, maybe you'll need to follow with a application of scratchx with the foam pad and continue applying a coat of wax

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
        Hi.

You need to put some elbow grease to work out Scratch X. Passion is key.

Scratch X is design to remove scratches not instilling more (with proper method and tool) and its CC safe.

Regarding the pad, its recomended that you have dedicated pads for each type of work. Buy more hi tech pads/even coat apps as you'll need them.

And here's a some good links to get you started

"definitive scratch X thread collection"

Hope this helps.

Tim
        so should I use ScratchX again, this time putting more pressure while I rub the pad?

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
        If the foam pad doesn't remove it completely then you can try a terry cloth towel to have a little more bit.

Lots of elbow grease and maybe more than one application, maybe you'll need to follow with a application of scratchx with the foam pad and continue applying a coat of wax
        what you mean by coat of wax?
        you saying that instead of using the pad I should use a cloth to apply and run ScratchX? like the microfiber cloth?

Comment

I'm not sure the exact nature of your paint. But keep on trying but dont overdo the pressure as I found sometimes it will mar the paint when you wipe it off. Its like the SX's residue stucked on it. If you have worked it and found that there is no improvement, then I guess you have reached a plateau. Its either find another stronger product or cover the scratch with wax/sealant.

Hope this helps.

Tim
          ps: So far never seen a CC gets cut through via hand polishing. So I guess its safe (from my limited experience)
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

I will try again tomorrow or in 2 days and I will post results here, once you guys saying it can't damage my painting I am safe =D

Comment

I used ScratchX recently to remove some scratches from the corner of the roof on my car. I applied the product to the edge of the pad in a blob about 3 fingers wide then I worked it with a passion in straight lines over the area using a quite a lot of pressure. I probably worked the product for about 2-3 mins per application.

In all I made three applications, the first two passes I put plenty of pressure on the pad which removed all of the scratches, and the final pass I used just light pressure and expanded my work area slightly to include the surrounding area. The result was a perfect finish, in direct sun light there is no marring, no swirls and definately no scratches... but of course that's the only part of the paint with no swirls so time to get the DA out and finish the rest of the car now.

Comment

Your vehicle should be rocking with the passion you should be applying. Work the product in thoroughly.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by protossf View Post
                  what you mean by coat of wax?
                  Each time you use ScratchX you should follow by waxing that spot to protect the area.

Comment

Originally posted by protossf

I applied the product and rub it for like 1 minute, I did it 5 times, and here is my question: does ScratchX removes the scratch 95%+? cause the scratches are lighter now but I can still see them if I look close.
                    What you're finding out, like so many others that get into detailing their own cars, is that most clear coat paints are difficult to remove defects out of, it has to do with the hardness of the paint.

It's less about ScratchX and other products being aggressive enough as it's more about just how hard clear coat paints are to work on by hand. Thus the reason Dual Action Polisher have become so popular over the last 15+ years and become more popular every day.

ScratchX used to be the best hand applied scratch remover we offered, now we've introduced a new type of technology in some of our Professional Line products and one of these works amazingly well by hand to remove defects and that would be the M105 Ultra Cut Compound.

So if you want to get serious about removing swirls and scratches faster and easier then you want to get your hands on a quart of the M105

Remember... Meguiar's doesn't make the paints, paint company's make them to the specs requested by car manufactures, so now you know where to take your frustration to.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a little write up on using M105 by hand...

How To Remove a Bird Dropping Etching by Hand using M105 Ultra Cut Compound

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');