• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this correct procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this correct procedure?

So today I decided to wash & detail the truck, it's a 2006 black F150. After the wash I hit it with some #9 thinking least aggressive method first. That took care of most of the imperfections, but I stil had some water spots on the hood and doors so I hit them with a pass of #80. That seemed to do the trick, but I did end up with some holograming on the hood, I think it was from allowing the #80 to dry too long. I hit it with a couple more passes of #80 and it seemed to take care of it.

After that I applied one pass of #21 and am letting that cure over night before either hitting it with another pass of #21 or going to #26 tomorrow morning. For the most part I keep up on my paint so it isn't too bad, so I'm thinking of going straight to #26 in the morning. What do you guys think? Thanks

Edit: Everything was done by hand until I can get my DA ordered.

Re: Is this correct procedure?

Sounds like a good start...

#80 with the DA should definately even every thing out. Working by hand, kind of need to focus on a panel or two a day if you want to keep your results at their best. The swirl removal products take a good bit of effort to break down.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You can achieve very good results doing it by hand. When you get the d/a you will be blown away by the ease of use and the results. The machine takes it up about 20 times, at least. Your process seems good.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm still trying to decide between the G110 and the PC 7424. Had the 7424 in the past, but somehow lost in in my move out to Hawaii. Since the G110 is the replacement for the 7424 (I know there was the G100 also) is that the recommended machine to go with?

Comment

The G110 is replacing the G100.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');