• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My calipers look dirty now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My calipers look dirty now...

Not sure, if they already were, but I don't think they were this bad...

I used some quick wheel detailer, to do a nice touch-up on my always brake-dust covered wheels, but I noticed today my calipers look extra dirty like the spray took some dirt back to them.

They're hard to get to, and they don't want to clean off at all. Any idea how to clean the calipers?

Maybe when I use the full strength wheel cleaner I should spray a little throw the wheel onto the caliper, and it might clean it up some?

The type of metal on the calipers evidently isn't as easy to clean as the smooth wheel surface.

Re: My calipers look dirty now...

What kinda vehicle are you cleaning on?

Brake calipers are at the heart of the dust build up(they do hold the pads ya know) so they will get really dusty. I usually take my wheels off and clean the suspension with megs APC+ and a small scrub brush. I painted my calipers black so they clean up fairly well.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Agreed jeepster04, taking them off would be the best way to get them clean. Also, with the wheels off you could also clean the wheel and shine it up thoroughly as well.

I know I need to do it to my car, but I don't know where my wheel lock key is... :[

Comment

I am not aware of any easier way then pulling the wheels off.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll do a good detail someday and take the wheels off.

For now, I went ahead and used the full strength wheel cleaner and sprayed the caliper a bit too, they look fine now.

Comment

Might want to use a sealant on the calipers and wheels. Needs to be reapplied pretty often (I usually do it when I wash the car) but brake dust and all just wipes right off with a garden hose

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');