• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying M40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying M40

What is the best way to apply M40 to tires? I really like the look it gives the tires, but with chrome spoke wheels, it is a pain to clean them after spraying the tires and no matter how careful I am, I always end up with M40 on the rims. Is there a secret I am unaware of? Please help.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: Applying M40

I use those foam Eagle One wipes.... I think they still make them.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use a dedicated foam applicator pad for applying products like that.

Comment

Either use an applicator, or spray it on the tires before you dry/detail the wheels.

Comment

Spray on your applicator then only apply to the tires. This will minimize the chances of the dressing overspray onto the rims. After few minutes applying, wipe off excess. This method works for me as few of my cars here are running on low profile tires (35 -30) .

Hope this helps.

Tim
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

I like using the foam tire applicators from ads. Just spray #40 on the applicator and wipe on tire. Its very important to go back later and remove any excess. No sling that way.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

NEVER SPRAY if you don't want it on the rims or paint. Unless you are in a building you can use those rim covers that match the size of the wheels. The easiest way is spray applicator and wipe. The Eagle 1's come in a two pack and I use them all the time. Just keep the sprayer some what close as you spray and then wipe. This also helps to reduce any sling when the car is moving.

Comment

Oh and I never use the #40 on wheels but you may want to do a test to make sure it's dry before moving the car. I know insane shine and endurance gel work greath with this method. I also notice that if you do spray and it looks clean. If you wipe you paint on t he car you will find small specks of the product all over the paint. This is why wiping in works better because it's -
                uses less product to do the same thing
                more uniform
                more control
                and keeps from building up excess which ends up on the paint usually

Comment

This method also works for doing dashs to keep it off the glass.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');