• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recommendations regarding wheel polishing painted wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations regarding wheel polishing painted wheel

Hi everyone!

Not sure where to ask this so I thought I'd ask here.

A friend of mine would like to get this stock OEM BMW wheels polished (not cleaning but getting that polished look) . Can any of you recommend someone that can do this? I would assume sandblasting is required. Do you know of a wheel repair shop that might do this or can anyone do this? The wheel in question is below:

I really appreciate your input. Thank you.

Regards,
    Mike

P.S. Somewhere in the SouthBay (LA) area is preferred thanks.

Re: recommendations regarding wheel polishing painted wheel

Best bet is to go to some wheel/tire and even performance shops that sell wheels/tires and ask around for someone who can strip a wheel and polish it. Up here in the Sac Area, there is a store that can send them out to a shop and have all sorts of things done.

Comment

Sent out a few e-mails about this kind of service and got two recommendations for this company...

Mag Masters

Page 2 of their website has some pictures of their work but it's very apparent they don't know how to resize photos... too bad to as they look like they do some nice work, especially like the fire hydrant.

magmasters.com is a captivating and versatile domain name that instantly sparks curiosity and ignites the imagination. It exudes a sense of mastery and expertise, promising to be a destination for all things magical and transformative. Evok

There's also a distorted picture of the old Meguiar's Tuner Race Car.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I was looking my houston240sx forums and guy wanted to the same thing, but instead of sending it off he did himself: he used different grit sandpaper and a mother's wheel polisher.

Are they two different ways of doing the same thing? Or is sending it off better?

Comment

Here is the link to what I was talking about:

Comment

Originally posted by jpitt1987 View Post
            Here is the link to what I was talking about:

http://www.houston240sx.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23114
            Wow! He did a nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Sent out a few e-mails about this kind of service and got two recommendations for this company...

Mag Masters

Page 2 of their website has some pictures of their work but it's very apparent they don't know how to resize photos... too bad to as they look like they do some nice work, especially like the fire hydrant.

magmasters.com is a captivating and versatile domain name that instantly sparks curiosity and ignites the imagination. It exudes a sense of mastery and expertise, promising to be a destination for all things magical and transformative. Evok

There's also a distorted picture of the old Meguiar's Tuner Race Car.

Thanks Mike! I'll give them a call.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');