• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Washing Necessary After Claying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Washing Necessary After Claying?

I was planing to wash, clay, wash, clean and wax tomorrow on the new Camry. Since Quick Detailer is used in the claying process maybe I can skip the second wash.

What do you guy think?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Re: Is Washing Necessary After Claying?

no need,some people like to for peace of mind.another comapany says to wash with dawn-clay-wash with their car wash,never understood that 2nd wash.

Comment

There is no need to wash after claying, as you will be removing instant detailer residue as you go, hopefully with a micro fibre towel. There is definately no need to use Dawn to wash your car.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
        There is no need to wash after claying, as you will be removing instant detailer residue as you go, hopefully with a micro fibre towel. There is definately no need to use Dawn to wash your car.

Andy
        no i wasnt saying use dawn.but i dont thing it is a bad thing to do if the car neglected and in bad shape.but only a one time thing.

Comment

No, as long as you clay a section and wipe off detailer before it dries.

I'll clay half of a hood and wipe off,and clay sections like top half of door wipe off then bottom half.

Just like everything else the more you do the better you become and get your technique down.
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Hey Mike, great meeting you yesterday. Just to clarify, so that black Camry of yours comes out looking amazing. Go ahead and wash it, you can dry it if you want, but I would just pull it into the garage and clay it with Quik Detailer while the car is wet. Then once your done claying a section of the car (hood for ex.) dry that part and move around the whole car. Then move onto cleaning and waxing the car.

Good luck!!

Ryan
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I do not wash the car after claying.

Comment

Ryan, good meeting you too. Hope to see some of those pics you took. Incorporating the drying process into the claying is a great tip.

Everybody, thanks for the tips. You guys are giving me a good plan of attack and saving me some work.

Mike
                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');