• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt 2.0

Is it just me or does NXT turn your car into a dust magnet? I applied #7 followed by NXT 2.0 on my car yesterday. I took it for a quick drive and when I got home, I notices it attracted tons of "road dust" and some grass clippings from a house down the road. It was almost funny when I saw it. Weird? I noticed this morning that a lot of debris setting on it. I park it outside. It's funny that it attracted so much since it is super slick feeling. Oh well. It looks great.

Re: Nxt 2.0

I haven't noticed anymore or any less dust using NXT 2.0 then using any other sealant or wax.

Comment

It is probably from the static electricity generated from rubbing the paint. I have heard of some people using a grounding wire that they attach to their vehicle, don't know if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
        I haven't noticed anymore or any less dust using NXT 2.0 then using any other sealant or wax.
        I don't mean dusting from the product. It's attracting road dust. The product itself is very low in dusting. Like most Meguiar's products.

Comment

Originally posted by dave40co View Post
          It is probably from the static electricity generated from rubbing the paint. I have heard of some people using a grounding wire that they attach to their vehicle, don't know if that helps.
          Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I always use my PC with a Meguiar's MF bonnet to remove the wax and never noticed this happening. This time, for some reason, I removed by hand with my Supreme Shine MFs. Strange. I don't know if that made a difference this time. No big deal.

Comment

Alright. I decided NXt 2.0 is not for me. The shine looks nice. I don't really think it did anything. Let me explain. I gave my car a full detail about 3 weeks ago which included #80 topped wityh #20. So the car looked and felt great. Smooth, clear etc. I feel that NXt 2.0 beads no were near as good as #20. NXT feels real slick so I was surprised that the water didn't roll off as quickly and cleanly as #20. With #20, after a few miles, the car is almost completely dry. With NXT 2.0, I was about 10 miles and could still see specks of water just sitting there on the hood. I was really surprised with the beading. #20 beads up so tight while NXT 2.0 doesn't. Oh well. I wanted to give it a try and now I know. I'm starting to reconcider getting #21 2.0. I was originally going to get some but I hear NXT 2.0 is a very similar product. If #21 is going to be similar, I might as well stick with 320 and buy more of that. What do you all think? I know I could stick with a product that I like but I just thought I would try a newer, more advanced product.

Comment

If M20 is working best for you, stick with it, no need to fix what's not broken.

I use NXT 2.0 and love it. It works for me and my cars. I'm in the middle of a 9 wax test (comparing some really high end waxes to NXT) and it is just coming out on top.
              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                If M20 is working best for you, stick with it, no need to fix what's not broken.

I use NXT 2.0 and love it. It works for me and my cars. I'm in the middle of a 9 wax test (comparing some really high end waxes to NXT) and it is just coming out on top.
                You 100% correct. #20 works better for me and I know a lot of people like NXT. It's just not for me. A friend wantde the NXT 2.0 just I gave it to him. He might like it better. he won't try anything other then Gold Class but he said he'd give NXT a try.

Comment

Originally posted by acsuppa View Post
                  It's attracting road dust.
                  Just to note, I've tested a lot of waxes on the hood of our 2004 black Pilot by applying the different products to small taped off sections with the surrounding areas left bare, just paint alone.

To date, no matter which product I was testing, the areas with product on them always attract more dust than the bare paint. So I don't think it's accurate to say NXT attracts dust, it's more accurate to say that a waxed area attracts more dust than a non-waxed area.

This could be due to the products themselves or the static electricity generated by rubbing the test sections and probably a combination of both.

If anyone reading this wants to check for themselves, simply clean the paint using a paint cleaner like Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, this will remove any wax or paint sealant off the surface and then wash the panel with a detergent dish soap and this will remove any residue left by the paint cleaner.

Now tape off a section and apply a wax or paint sealant to just this taped off section after removing the excess product after the wax or paint sealant has dried... watch the area over time and see for yourself where the most dust collects. Parking your car outside exposed to the air will allow dust to build up faster than leaving your car in a closed garage.

FWIW

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    Just to note, I've tested a lot of waxes on the hood of our 2004 black Pilot by applying the different products to small taped off sections with the surrounding areas left bare, just paint alone.

To date, no matter which product I was testing, the areas with product on them always attract more dust than the bare paint. So I don't think it's accurate to say NXT attracts dust, it's more accurate to say that a waxed area attracts more dust than a non-waxed area.

This could be due to the products themselves or the static electricity generated by rubbing the test sections and probably a combination of both.

If anyone reading this wants to check for themselves, simply clean the paint using a paint cleaner like Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, this will remove any wax or paint sealant off the surface and then wash the panel with a detergent dish soap and this will remove any residue left by the paint cleaner.

Now tape off a section and apply a wax or paint sealant to just this taped off section after removing the excess product after the wax or paint sealant has dried... watch the area over time and see for yourself where the most dust collects. Parking your car outside exposed to the air will allow dust to build up faster than leaving your car in a closed garage.

FWIW

That's definetly makes sense. I just thought it was odd. I though maybe it had something to do how I removed the wax this time. Hand rubbing vs. PC removal.

Comment

Wonder is the finish kare products actually work like they say they do for the dust? Always wanted to try those products and see how they do.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                        Wonder is the finish kare products actually work like they say they do for the dust?
                        Some report an improvement in the static department.

I find some MF removal creates static, which attracts dust.

Also, sealants and carnaubas with high oil content attract more dust.

In both cases QDing them diminishes the static attraction.
                        Paul Marmarinos
                        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I'm new at this and would like some comments. I was going to buy a 7335 PC from my friend. It seems to me it is an older model and the Meguiar's G110 is the newest polisher. I think I have an idea what to order. ADS has a G110 package with the W67DA Velcro backing plate, one older W8006 Foam yellow pad, and a Micro towel. It comes with a hard case and duffle bag. They also have 6 pads (any mix) for $60. I am not certain which foam pads to select. Since I get one free yellow, I thought I should get 3 W8207 yellow-polishing, and 3 W9207 Black - finishing. I read the Maroon cutting pad is too much for just polishing. Am I on the right path here? I also want to know if it is a must to use a paint cleaner like Megs Deep Crystal before I start removing some scratches?

Comment

Originally posted by dan6995 View Post
                            I'm new at this and would like some comments.
                            It would probably be better to take what you typed here and start a new thread instead of tagging onto this one...

Just copy and paste what your already typed and then click here,

Detailing 101

and do this...

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');