• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Question in Removing Dirt off the Car's Lower Portion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question in Removing Dirt off the Car's Lower Portion

Good Day to Everybody.

i was not able to wash the car for four days sometime last week because of continuous raining here in Manila. Thus my car collected road dirts, soils, and grimes..... Most especially the lower half of the car ( i miss my mudguards)

when i was able to get the chance to wash it finally ..... there were embedded dirts on it as i "feel" the surface of the door panel over my hand .....

I wanna try making it silky smooth again...... what should i do? most car wash here uses diluted kerosene and spray it over the affected portion to get the job done ..... but i kinda wanted to do things differently since am not sure what long term effect the kerosene will do to the paint .....

would a Step One (paint cleaner) or scratchX suffice? unfortunately we don't have vast supplies of detailing products to work on here, unlike there in the USA

Re: Newbie Question in Removing Dirt off the Car's Lower Portion

The simple answer is to re-wash the car, then clay the car. This will remove the any debris in the paint.

Comment

I'll say it again since you posted it on the right section

If you don't feel your finish smooth and it's washed I'd say clay the area. It will remove those contaminants that have bonded to the paint.
      You can try Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit and remember to follow by waxing the area to seal it and to give contaminants a harder time for them to bond in the future

Comment

ah ok ...... thanks new2detailing

i guess i have to start looking for claybars then

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
          I'll say it again since you posted it on the right section

If you don't feel your finish smooth and it's washed I'd say clay the area. It will remove those contaminants that have bonded to the paint.
          You can try Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit and remember to follow by waxing the area to seal it and to give contaminants a harder time for them to bond in the future
          thanks yalerd ......

Comment

Originally posted by ment View Post
            ...most car wash here uses diluted kerosene and spray it over the affected portion to get the job done .....
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I agree with you. What are the long term effects of the kerosene on modern paints. Get the clay kit. You and your paint will be glad you did.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                hahahah

yep .... :P

but it does work .... just have to wax it ASAP

still ..... ill stick to the claybar thing

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  I agree with you. What are the long term effects of the kerosene on modern paints. Get the clay kit. You and your paint will be glad you did.

thanks Mr Michaels

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');