• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M80 vs. M09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M80 vs. M09

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
    if i use the da to apply m80 i wont have to follow up with anything but wax? does the m80 buff out to a finished look?

in the past i have used #2 and #4 which always required a follow up buff.
    M04 is for rotary buffers only and would require a follow up as it's a very aggressive product.

M02 was re-formulated, the previous version was also for use with a rotary buffer only, read the back label of the bottle you're using and see what it says for method of application if you have the old version then yes, it would need a follow-up process.

M80 will often polish out so that you can go right to wax but not always, you have to inspect the results yourself and then make the decision. Not all paints polish the same, thus there is no 100% rule for what you can and cannot do with a single product.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
      nappers...

when apply m09 and m03 by hand it looks perfect. my problem is after 4 washes or so i have to do it all over again.
      Our pure polishes are water soluble, they're not "Protection" products that are intended to hold up against inclement weather or repeated washings, if you want the shine to last then you need to apply a coating of a wax or paint sealant.

Remember, you're using product intended for and formulated for use in body shops on fresh paint. You as an enthusiast can use them on your cured paint but they were not formulated to be waxes, (lasting products).

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Our pure polishes are water soluble, they're not "Protection" products that are intended to hold up against inclement weather or repeated washings, if you want the shine to last then you need to apply a coating of a wax or paint sealant.

Remember, you're using product intended for and formulated for use in body shops on fresh paint. You as an enthusiast can use them on your cured paint but they were not formulated to be waxes, (lasting products).

yes i put a sealant on over the m09 and m03

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
          I agree, I don't even have suds when I wash, I fill the bucket up most of the way and drop my measuring cup into it and swirl it around and may get a few suds when I pull the hose out. I use 4oz and a smidge for about 4 gallons of water (1oz per gallon), I use Gold Class soap or NXT car wash currently.

If you use a second bucket, you will see what and how much junk is on your car that gets on your mitt.

Check this video out, I watched it several times:

How to wash a car - By none other than Mike Phillips!

I used to use dish soap and an old rag, then waxed in the sun with turtle wax (the cheapo 2 dollar wax), then wiped off with an old beach towel. I was STYLING!

RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!
          RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!

Try the two bucket and see if it improves, the grit guards keeps the muck at the bottom of the bucket and not on your mitt.

I use M26 a lot and I love it. Unless your bottle is bad, not sure.....

Aaron
          nappers;mike that video is crazy!!!mike you are crazy!!! that is my problem the wash technique. where do i buy the double bucket system.. who woulda thought? the dabbing technique....great idea. how simple how could i not have thought of this before???? mike,,,,,wisconsin summers are just like the dessert, wash early or wash late. when you wash late or detail an interior late wait till the next morning cuz you see all the missed spots!!!and what true test of how good a detailer you really are.

Comment

tonight i tried the double bucket. soap bucket was crystal clear when i was done. rinse bucket..water was dirty and wow the gunk at the bottom!! paint looked freshly waxed afterward!! i even used UQD for the first time after the wash. UQD worked great!!! the is looking good!!

Comment

Excellent!
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');