• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These things are a pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These things are a pain!

I think they are pollen or something, perhaps from palm trees but they look like orange specs on the paint. Take it off the paint and it seems like a powder.

My question does anyone have some tips or tricks on taking these things off? What is the fastest way to do this when the car is covered in the little buggers?

Re: These things are a pain!

I dont think it's pollen at this time of the year, but it sounds similar; basically the only things you can do to prevent that is to use a car cover, or park in a garage if you have one. Try UQD to take them off, test spot is your friend
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

the only thing i can recall that leaves little brown specs are bugs..
      Meguiars=FTW

HMD - 2nd Year & Running Strong

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffmann21 View Post
        the only thing i can recall that leaves little brown specs are bugs..
        Bug poo GROSS!
        2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I think they are from bees. I have them on my cars all the time especially if I park under a flowery tree. They stick to the paint but pop right off with a fingernail. If you leave them on for a few days they will leave a mark on the paint that washes off but doesn't etch the paint.

Comment

Yeah the reason I ask is I work at a dealership and was wondering if anyone knew a secret method on quick removal of these buggers. Right now, my best method is by fingernail or clay but neither are as fast as I would like.

Comment

I believe the tree above my car(s) drops identical little brown dots.

I actually picked them off with a fingernail before i properly polish/waxed my automobile, and my fingernail left scratches in the paint. OUCH.

Now that i've wised up to polishing/protecting/etc, they just flick right off without the slightest resistance.

But they are still really annoying. I have only one garage spot, so one car just gets constantly pelted with little brown dots.

I have noticed that putting water on them causes them to 'leak' so i sometimes do that prior to fingernail or claying them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                Yeah the reason I ask is I work at a dealership and was wondering if anyone knew a secret method on quick removal of these buggers. Right now, my best method is by fingernail or clay but neither are as fast as I would like.
                Don't know of a fast easy way outside of what you've already tried...

Accurate thread title.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');