• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cloth, shammy, or towel to dry & wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloth, shammy, or towel to dry & wax

To dry my car and motorcycle, I like to purchase new towels, ordinary bath size, of top quality, with a lot of soft fiber to them. I use them for a year or two, to avoid the older scratchy towels.
    To remove wax, the same.
    I know some people recommend shammy but my experience was they don't dry thoroughly.
    What about a special type of towel, the same (or different?) for dry & wax.
    What is the brand & price.
    I probably use about 8 to 10 clean towels to wash & wax 1 car.
    David

Re: cloth, shammy, or towel to dry & wax

Hi David,

We just launched a brand new ecommerce site and it has listings of all of our products including our drying cloths and polishing cloths. We don't sell large bath towels but you can get these in the normal places.

New Ecommerce Site!
    Meguiar's Direct

Click here to go to Meguiar's Direct

I can create a list from the above site or you can click over to that website and check them out yourself...

Let me know...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Tnx Mike.
      I have seen them before, and did take another look. The major problem is the size. The ordinary terry bath towels are about 25 x 40, and I still use many.
      I would like to see them in use on Thursday in Irvine. I do want to get some of the Soft Wash Gels (4) and I may try some of these towels.
      I will bring my motorcycle, which I say is matt finish, and I can't find if it is carbon fiber, abs plastic or what. It may not even be painted.
      I am interested in a protectant, NOT a polish. I do not want to add a shine.
      Also wheels, aluminum. I have to go to Orange anyway so I will be there. I'm in the Torrance area, so Orange and Irvine are not bad.
      David

Comment

Well for me personally, I like to use the Absorber, then I follow that up with a Meguiars marine water magnet. (this is larger then the car magnet.) I use the smaller water magnet to dry the windows. So far no matter how large of a car I do, these 3 are all thats needed.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Davd View Post
          Tnx Mike.
          I have seen them before, and did take another look. The major problem is the size. The ordinary terry bath towels are about 25 x 40, and I still use many.
          I would like to see them in use on Thursday in Irvine.
          We can't wash cars at our facilities as we don't have any system to recover our wash water so it's against city regulations.

Great idea, lots of people show up to wash their cars at our garage, but the City of Irvine says "no".

Also, this Thursday night is an Extreme Makeover night, usually on Extreme Makeover nights you can tell because we state that and include pictures of the cars we're going to be working on. Like this,

Extreme Makeover - August 21st
          On our August 21st "Open Garage" we will be conducting a
          Double Duty Extreme Makeover on both a classic Mustang and
          a Classic Chevy Special Deluxe both with original paint!

Click here to sign-up...

We have roughly 5 hours to turn these diamonds in the rough into glistening gemstones and that requires everyone focused on these cars including myself...

I can and will break away to look at paint issues on other cars as will my co-workers that are present, but priority goes to the makeover cars.

Just don't want you to be dissapointed...

Our extreme makeover nights are fun, but they're also very busy, busy, busy... if you've ever buffed out a complete car from start to end, then multiply that by 2 it's easy to understand why.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike
            I got the make over idea, and the 2 cars, I see the px. So on makeover, you are only going to be buffing and polishing, not washing. Ok
            Both those cars look like diamond gemstones to me as is.
            So if I have low expectations I can't be disappointed.
            Also my purpose is to buy product and leave early, if I may.
            I have already learned from your video (clay) and from J A's system above and I am going to try that. So I will get wash, marine water magnet and smaller car magnet.
            I will post another thread about plastics.
            I haven't seen anything on that. My major concern is not my car but my motorcycle, so I'm concerned about plastics and alloy wheels.
            On my car, many of the waxes seem to say "not to be used on plastic" and the cars today all have plastic (I think) front and rear bumper covers, scoops, whatever the technical name is and I would like to see if there is something for those for protection, not for gloss and shine.
            I also need to get 2 of the bucket bottom, oh, grit guard. For that I think I may need to go to a separate site. I will.
            I am just here trying to get what I want for my purposes, and slowly but surely I am doing that.
            Thanks Mike
            dc

Comment

Mike
              I got the make over idea, and the 2 cars, I see the px. So on makeover, you are only going to be buffing and polishing, not washing. Ok
              Both those cars look like diamond gemstones to me as is.
              One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

Those two cars are in DIRE need of some professional paint polishing and it has to be done the right way the first time as supposedly they both have the original paint.

You'll get a chance to see the difference Meguiar's can make when the right products are used with good technique.

So if I have low expectations I can't be disappointed.
              Hate to disappoint you but we don't sell any product at our classes, we don't have a store nor a cash register or way to take credit cards. You can order product you see and like and it will be shipped to you, but at this time we have no physical store or physical product.

Sorry... lots of people that attend our classes want to buy product that they see demonstrated but we're not set up to be a retail store at our Corporate office.

On my car, many of the waxes seem to say "not to be used on plastic" and the cars today all have plastic (I think) front and rear bumper covers, scoops, whatever the technical name is and I would like to see if there is something for those for protection, not for gloss and shine.
              We have products for both clear plastics and black and gray plastic trim.

Often times people think that they need to treat "Painted" plastic parts differently because the underlying material is plastic, for example a lot of new cars have plastic bumper covers that are painted to match the car. But the fact is you're only working on the surface coating, (paint), so you treat it like paint.

I also need to get 2 of the bucket bottom, oh, grit guard. For that I think I may need to go to a separate site. I will.
              5 Gallon Bucket Insert, Dolly, and more. Quality Made in The USA for Car Washing, Construction, & Food Industry

I am just here trying to get what I want for my purposes, and slowly but surely I am doing that.
              Thanks Mike
              dc
              We try our best... the Thursday Night "Open Garage" classes are a lot of fun and very popular, so it will be a good investment of your time.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike
                You see, I am cheap. 10% off, AND free shipping.
                And, I am still learning.
                dc

Comment

Mike
                  dc
                  I wanted to do the same when I came here. Since they didn't sell anything I went looking at all my local stores and didn't find what I wanted. I ordered from ADS and got my order so fast I was mad at myself for wasting weeks trying to find exactly what I needed.
                  Since Meguiar's new on-line store opened you have 2 places to find exactly what you need.

Comment

If you are interested in one stop shopping to get the grit guards, Anything you need from Meguiars, I would highly recommend Auto detail solutions. Rick @ads is a great guy to work with. Orders ship fast and are very well packed.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Mike
                      You see, I am cheap. 10% off, AND free shipping.
                      And, I am still learning.
                      dc
                      Since we've switched to our new ecommerce website we are no longer able to offer the free shipping, so now it's 10% off

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');