• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColorX question and then some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColorX question and then some

OK...everytime I see someone suggest ColorX, I 've heard use on only oxidized finishes...is it really that strong(chemeical cleaning wise)/abrasive(polishing wise)?? also got this crazy notion for a new high tech 3 step program to update the the DC1,2,3 program

step one - Clear Coat Body Scrub Paint Cleaner
    step two - COLORx
    step three - NXT wax

all three seem to have some overlapping qualities (cleaning/polishing/protecting) or would it be over kill???

It's been a while since I have used Body Scrub, but the cleaning power of it and Color X seem pretty similar; I probably wouldn't use both. I'd probably still use Deep Crystal Polish (or #7 Show Car Glaze) or #9 as a second step.

Comment

mrzeee,

First, I would say that the ColorX doesn't "have" to be used on finishes that are oxidized. It's a good "all-in-one" product that can be used on any finish that needs some cleaning/polishing.

To be honest, I also think that using both products is a bit of an overkill. The ColorX has pretty strong cleaning abilities, and should take care of most of the oxidation and contaminates on it's own.
      Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
        ...To be honest, I also think that using both products is a bit of an overkill. The ColorX has pretty strong cleaning abilities, and should take care of most of the oxidation and contaminates on it's own.

I would totally agree with Boss_429's assessment of the products you've chosen as well. While all of them are great products, it's always been Meguiar's stance that 'less is more' when it comes to taking care of your painted surfaces. In short, why use three products when one will do it all?

With that in mind, I'd probably leave out the Body Scrub step and go straight to COLOR-X as the cleaners are fairly strong and can help you achieve surface perfection in one easy step.

If, per chance, the Color-X doesn't remove the surface imperfections that you have (including swirls, light oxidation, and/or some scratches), you may need to consult with someone that is experienced in utilizing a rotary buffer and/or need to move to more agressive products...

Topping it all of with NXT shouldn't be a problem and I think you'll be more than impressed with the results!

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hmmph.

Now, I'd say leave out the ColorX. Do the body scrub and go right to the NXT. The reason being, when you use the NXT the wax in the ColorX gets "wasted". IMO, ColorX is a one-step, and should be used as such for "best" results. It won't be as good a cleaner as the Clear Coat Body Scrub, and it won't be as good a wax as the NXT.

I use ColorX on the wifemobile, not so much because I don't care but because she doesn't like me tying up her car all day to wax it. It's the best one-step I've ever used.

But it doesn't take the place of a good 2- or 3-step system.

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

thanks fer the info..I plan on getting my 95 jeep ready for the winter..she's been my badweather beater...and to date she's only gotten a dose of megs cleaner wax...so it was going to be my test bed for the two new products in my arsenal (well I have the colorX, was thinking about the body scrub)...but I'm acutally leaning towards the DACP...just thought this trio might be something to mull over...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');