• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying with "Hi-Tech Body Sponge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying with "Hi-Tech Body Sponge"

ADS sells a Hi-Tech Body Sponge that is suppose to be the advanced technology for claying. If you know anything about this product, can you chime in by giving your opinion ... New innovative rubber polymer product redefines the use of clay bars. Safely and easily removes overspray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic. May be used with any kind of Quik Detailer type of product as a lubricant. May also be used with soap and water. Sponge retains soap and water and releases as a lubricant when gently squeezed while gliding over the surface. Unlike a clay bar this product can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water or in a soap bucket. Accidentally dropping it on the ground is not a problem. Just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. Easy grip sponge allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant kneading and reshaping is required. Long lasting sponge comes with easy to use instructions and tips.
    Jezroj
    Sunnyside, California

Re: Claying with "Hi-Tech Body Sponge"

I have one and it works great. Removed rail dust from a white car.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Probably a dumb question....but what is rail dust?
      Barry

Comment

? for AeroCleanse, after using the sponge did you go over it again with a clay bar to see if the sponge do its job.

Moises

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
          Probably a dumb question....but what is rail dust?

Bits of what looks like rust embedded in the paint.
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fancy Images View Post
            ? for AeroCleanse, after using the sponge did you go over it again with a clay bar to see if the sponge do its job.

Moises
            No I didn't go over it again.
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

AeroCleanse, skepticle about that sponge.

Moises

Comment

Originally posted by Fancy Images View Post
                AeroCleanse, skepticle about that sponge.

Moises
                Works great for me, but I don't care if you buy it or not.
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I always keep one of these on hand because it is my go-to tool to remove rail dust on silver/white/light colored cars. I have yet to try anything that removes it as quickly as it. I do however go over first with regular clay to get rid off most of the stuff and finish up with the sponge; this allows maximum life for the sponge and is more or less my finishing tool to make the paint ultra smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                    I have one and it works great. Removed rail dust from a white car.
                    Works good for me too!
                    SYDSTER

Comment

I have one questions for you guys.

If the contaminated particals get trapped into the clay, keeping it off the surface. Then where do the particals go when using the High Tech Body Sponge

When I did some testing about a year or so ago(when it first came out), I found that it actually caused some scratching. Kind of like using Meguiar's Aggressive Clay, but not removing as much contaminats as the aggresive clay. Plus, for me being mobile in Texas, and storing all of my products in my van, the heat just turned this thing into butter within about 2 days. Melted and deformed.

I'd like to know if they've made any improvements to this product, or is it the same as when it first hit the market?

Nick
                      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post

If the contaminated particals get trapped into the clay, keeping it off the surface. Then where do the particals go when using the High Tech Body Sponge

Nick
                        You keep rinsing it off.
                        AeroCleanse, LLC
                        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                          You keep rinsing it off.
                          So how often do you rinse it off? After every panel? Every 2x2 area? every swipe?

When do you know something is in there that will potenially scratch you paint? You don't know until it's too late. There is no where for the contaminats to go with the body sponge, so you will have to rinse A LOT! I'm not downing this product. I just feel that it isn't right for me. I'm glad your having such sucess with it though

Nick
                          2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                          2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                          2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                          2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

So how often do you rinse it off? After every panel? Every 2x2 area? every swipe?

When do you know something is in there that will potenially scratch you paint? You don't know until it's too late. There is no where for the contaminats to go with the body sponge, so you will have to rinse A LOT! I'm not downing this product. I just feel that it isn't right for me. I'm glad your having such sucess with it though

Nick
                            That's like asking how do you know when to fold the clay over. You develop a feel for it.
                            AeroCleanse, LLC
                            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

When I did some testing about a year or so ago(when it first came out), I found that it actually caused some scratching. Kind of like using Meguiar's Aggressive Clay, but not removing as much contaminats as the aggresive clay. Plus, for me being mobile in Texas, and storing all of my products in my van, the heat just turned this thing into butter within about 2 days. Melted and deformed.

I'd like to know if they've made any improvements to this product, or is it the same as when it first hit the market?

Nick
                              Well about the Body Sponge melting I think it is still the same, it happened to me once we have the same temps back here as you do there, the only thing you can do is to keep away from extreme heat. But other than that works good just keep rinsing, I say after every panel, its economical too.
                              SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');