• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paint cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint cleaner

Hello ever one!

I was detailing my truck a few days ageo and something came up where I had to go out of town, Well I only got the paint cleaner on my truck, Well its really really really dustey. So if I wash my truck do I have to start over with the clay and then do the paint cleaner one more?
    Get In Sit Down ShutUp

Re: paint cleaner

You don't have to, but at least claying would be a good idea. The main problem here is that you never got to put a coat or two of wax on the car, which would protect the paint from the elements while you were gone. So, when you get back, wash it, clay it, polish and then wax it.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
      You don't have to, but at least claying would be a good idea. The main problem here is that you never got to put a coat or two of wax on the car, which would protect the paint from the elements while you were gone. So, when you get back, wash it, clay it, polish and then wax it.

Ryan
      The truck is in a shop, I've all ready clayed be 4 I had to go, Its gonna **** If I have to do it once more
      Get In Sit Down ShutUp

Comment

Well, your best bet then is to once you get home, wash it carefully and then examine and feel the paint. If it's still smooth and swirl free, then move on to polish and then wax.

The reason I stated to clay the car, is that the clay will remove anything and everything on the paint, providing you with a fresh surface to start back working on. Remember, prepping is the key. Claying for the car in your avatar should take no more that 20 minutes, especially if you just clayed it about a week ago or so.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');