• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 People, 3 Tahoes... 1 System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 People, 3 Tahoes... 1 System?

Here's the situation. I convinced two of my friends that have the same type of vehicle as me that we need to spend a weekend and address our vehicles paint conditions together. I am looking for product recommendation for a 5 step process that will work for 3 different types of people on the same type of vehicle with different paint colors and conditions.

The vehicles and owner types:

'99 White Tahoe 2DR - Good paint condition, washed and waxed regularly with GC shampoo and liquid wax. Daily driver, garaged nightly. A few rock chips, probably needs cleaned. I enjoy detailing my vehicles and am willing to devote all the time necessary to regularly maintain my paint.

'95 Dark Blue Metallic Tahoe 2DR - Fair paint condition. Few areas of peeling paint from rock chips. Needs cleaned, light swirls. Owner willing to devote a good amount of time to correct the paint but maintenance habits mostly consist of occasional power washes. He is willing to spend a fair amount of time on the paint a couple of times a year but mainly wants a good layer of protection and a nice shine.

'99 Black Tahoe 2DR - Fair paint, several light scratches.
    He is a high school kid who has other priorities than car car. Easily distracted and won't devote the time or patience to regularly maintain it.

I have GC shampoo, Soft Suds shampoo, a little bit of Medallion Paint Cleaner (not sure of age), SS Clay kit, An old bottle of Spectra (polish I believe) and a bit of GC liquid wax.

We have access to an orbital buffer that's it. Probably do it all by hand.

I was think of using in order:

GC Wash -> SS Clay -> #80 -> #7 - > NXT 2.0 paste

Does this sound like a good way to go for all three of us based on hand detailing? Any different products we should use? Better products that combine steps? I am not wanting to buy a whole slew of separate products that only serve one or two of us. Most cost efective (all other money goes to GAS

Thanks for the wealth of info here

Re: 3 People, 3 Tahoes... 1 System?

Well, here are some thoughts....

1. If you want to get into to swirl removal, you may need to add a product, as opposed to just a genral cleaning.

2. You might want to just add in a cleaner/wax on the car that isnt as well kept to move things along.

Here are the two processes I would look at:

1. Wash
    2. Clay - Probably need a couple kits, and some extra detailer.
    3. Clean - For general cleaning, Deep Crystal #1 is likely cheapest, but #80 would work. For swirl removal, I would want #151.
    4. Polish - #7 is the top of the line.
    5 .Wax - 2 thin coats.

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Cleaner/Wax - ColorX would be a fine choice to get things moving quickly.
    4. Wax - One coat of Nxt 2.0 would finish it off nicely.

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would use D-151
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

If you are splitting it between 3 people, pick yourself up a G110. It would only be about 50 dollars each, plus pads, 83 and 80 and you will be ready to bust out all 3 cars and make them look better than if you did it by hand.
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
          I would use D-151
          I agree. You need one good all-in-one product and that fits the bill just fine.
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Thanks for the info. Looks like I am going to invest in a G110. I may even let them borrow it.

After reading the D151 looks to be a good multi-step product that would work for someone who will spend the least amount of time caring for the vehicle but also gives increasing results the more care and passion you put into it. Sounds like a good fit for my friends.

Comment

I "3rd" the 151. and it is really easy to use for anyone, just make sure you work it long enough to "get the shine out"

Ryan

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Need to order the 151, some #39 and #40 for the inside. Gonna change the NXT wax for Gold Class. Kmart has the paste on clearance for 5 buxs

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');