• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what can you use the 7006 pad for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what can you use the 7006 pad for?

I've been browsing the forums (its been a while) and I notice the reccomended products, pads, and speed and none of them reccomend the 7006 pad for the PC...
    Is this to aggressive a pad or just left out of the list?

The 7006 is a cutting pad. The Meguiar's folks don't recommend using it on a pc because they feel it's too aggressive and will cause marring. I've used it very successfully on my black hemi to remove some fairly deep scratches. I used it with DACP. I followed up with a polishing pad and #82. No marring.

I might add that I bought my truck new and I plan to trade it in three years.

Tom

Comment

Tguil, ditto to the PC and 7000 pad. I hadn't used on black though.

I thought I read that there was another reason not to use this pad with the PC. Something about the orbitting causing the pad to come off, I can't recall.

Comment

This was recently discussed in an autopia topic...if I remember correctly, the 7000 being fairly aggressive is not intended for the inexperienced amateur...therefore Meg's doesn't recommend it in its packaging as most who would read it are your every day DITYers...kind-a-legal coverall
        so
        if you're fairly experienced with a PC/rotary...you can use it like we discuss here and on autopia...
        if not...you're safer sticking to the 8/9000 line

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');