• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking in a polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking in a polish?

Hi Guysfficeffice" />

I’ve got all my products and steps ready, wash, clay, paint cleaner, polish, 1 layer of nxt 2.0 followed by 1 layer of #26 12 hours later.

I have heard and read views that a product like Showcar Glaze #7 only last days?

Does applying layering of wax extend of the life of the polish or lock in or will the effect of the polish be gone in days?

Just wondering if another pure polish like DC Polish, is a better long term polish if I want my car to look good but isn’t a show car.

Thanks!

Re: Locking in a polish?

A pure polish, #7, DC2, #81, #5, etc has no ingrediants that would keep it from washing off in the rain. So if it is not coated with a wax, it definately will not last long. It is the wax that seals in the results, at least as long as the wax lasts for.

Some people going to car shows dont mind this, and will only use #7, if their car is always garaged.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Locking in a polish?

Originally posted by the red baron View Post

I have heard and read views that a product like Showcar Glaze #7 only last days?
      This is correct. What you might not have read on other forums is that Meguiar's pure polishes are safe for fresh paint, thus they don't have any products that seal the surface which are also usually the kinds of ingredients that last over time.

All too often people on other forums leave out the fact that we are manufactures of products for the re-finishing industry and this means making very specialized products for their specific needs. Fresh paint is not supposed to be waxed or sealed for at least 30 days according to ALL paint manufactures and some of them recommend even longer waiting times.

Meguiar's pure polishes are for creating gloss, depth-of-shine, richness of color and clarity, you can get these kinds of features without using an ingredient that also resists breakdown when exposed to water like inclement weather or repeated car washing.

Body shops tend to use pure polishes to wipe a new paint job down to make it look it's best before returning the car back to the customer.

When enthusiasts use a pure polish, in most cases they're going to apply a wax or paint sealant afterwards and it is this layer or coating that is formulated to hold up over time and protect the paint.

Does applying layering of wax extend of the life of the polish or lock in or will the effect of the polish be gone in days?
      It locks in the polish and the results.

Just wondering if another pure polish like DC Polish, is a better long term polish if I want my car to look good but isn't’t a show car.
      Deep Crystal Polish is also safe for fresh paint and thus contains no long lasting protection ingredients.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');